How soon can you loose weight?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Silly question but yesterday was my first day of not being a pig and ate mostly fruit and salad (apart from the packet of oreo's i had lastnight:blush:)

Iv woke up with morning, havent weighed myself as i have no scales but i sware i feel thinner? is it posible to loose it this quick?

Well 1lb roughly equates to 3500 calories ... so if you burnt that off yesterday then its possible i guess.

I think it takes 2 or 3 days to get your body going into the fat burning process

Thanks hun thats what i thought. I could have done that yesterday while at work but i doubt it.

Maybe since you ate cleaner you arent bloated :)

i had to have a look at a pack of oreos for this
55 calories per oreo, about 20 per pack thats like 1100 calories! i doubt very much you've lost weight eating them :rofl:

i had to have a look at a pack of oreos for this
55 calories per oreo, about 20 per pack thats like 1100 calories! i doubt very much you've lost weight eating them :rofl:

but for breakfast i had yogurt and fruit, for lunch i had salad with cottage cheese and rivita and for tea i had salad with cottage cheese, hummus and pitta bread so my calorie intake was a lot lower yesterday that what it has been these past few weeks so it is possible.

And in a pack there is only 650 calories.

like holly said i it takes about 4 days for your body to start to burn fat,shame to spoil being so good all day with a pack of oreos lol. i have lost 9lbs in 3 weeks & dont feel any different thats cos I am so big lol. good luck x

like holly said i it takes about 4 days for your body to start to burn fat,shame to spoil being so good all day with a pack of oreos lol. i have lost 9lbs in 3 weeks & dont feel any different thats cos I am so big lol. good luck x

I ate them because they were there, only ment to have one or 2 but before i noticed they were gone lol.

STEP AWAY FROM THE OREO'S!

and give them to me ...... not had them in forever!

Thats why i don't buy nice treat food because if i have a little i want more, i prefer to have none

Those 3500 calories i mentioned ... you have to burn that off on top of the basic calories you burn just by doing normal stuff ...

So to lose 1lb in a week youd need to burn an extra 500 cals a day on top of your usual :)

Those 3500 calories i mentioned ... you have to burn that off on top of the basic calories you burn just by doing normal stuff ...

So to lose 1lb in a week youd need to burn an extra 500 cals a day on top of your usual :)

How dose that work with regard to my calorie intake. I dident exercise any more than usual but i ate a lot less. Im realy overweight so it may be different for you skinny witches out there.

why dont you try slimming world? I am starting (again!) tonight. I have in the past lost 1stone in 4 weeks with them. It's amazing, and we could be dieting buddies lol. I want to loose 4 stone but I really really want to do it so trying extra hard this time xx

How dose that work with regard to my calorie intake. I dident exercise any more than usual but i ate a lot less. Im realy overweight so it may be different for you skinny witches out there.

Its calories in vs calories out.

Since you say you're overweight your body will burn more calories just to keep itself going (by breathing, moving muscles etc etc) because you weigh more.
If you use up 2000 cals a day just by living, and you consume 1800, you are in deficet of 200cals with no extra exercise. You need to be in a 3500 deficet before you lose 1lb of fat. So really, to lose anything you need to drastically cut your calories back so you're in a deficit of around 400 or so, then do exercise ontop of that (say 150cals). Thats 550 cals per day which would amount to 3850 weekly, which is a 1lb loss weekly :)

why dont you try slimming world? I am starting (again!) tonight. I have in the past lost 1stone in 4 weeks with them. It's amazing, and we could be dieting buddies lol. I want to loose 4 stone but I really really want to do it so trying extra hard this time xx

Iv done slimming world but i have no set shift patten so its hit and miss to if i can go. Its been about 10 weeks now because of work and other things

Silly question but yesterday was my first day of not being a pig and ate mostly fruit and salad (apart from the packet of oreo's i had lastnight:blush:)

Iv woke up with morning, havent weighed myself as i have no scales but i sware i feel thinner? is it posible to loose it this quick?

Your weight will naturally fluctuate between 1-2lbs day on day with water weight.

yeh as rafwife says our weight fluctuates all the time :)
naughty oreos :grr:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->