How soon did you start to show?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Sorry to intrude on you lovely moms of multiples :) But I was just wondering how early you started to show in your pregnancies?? I'm just wondering because I'm only supposed to be 8 weeks and I'm already carrying huge and I'm not excessively eating or anything, and I'm really sick, and twins are supposed to hit my generation in my family. Then again, I could just be further along. If you could give me some insight on signs that you had, that would be great?

Hi

I was in maternity gear from 8 weeks PG, but I didn't tell anyone at work until I was about 14 weeks and TBH no-one had noticed. I wasn't sick at all so I don't think it necessarily follows that the sicker or the bigger you are the more babies are in there.

When's your first scan? Fingers crossed for you that you have more than one bundle of joy.

Helen

xx

I remember coming across this forum not too long ago when I'd discovered my husband and I would be havig a baby. Like many, I wanted to know everything including when and how much I would show. I was exactly 4 weeks along and from reading responses given on this site it was easy to believe I wouldn't show until somewhere between 12-18 weeks so I settled with the thought that it would be a little while. I'm 5'4, very athletic with little fat (heavy into fitness), and 112 lbs. to my surprise in 4 weeks I gained 12 lbs and right at 8 weeks had that obvious baby bump. My weight gain has been more gradual since but I've definitely learned its different for everybody. Oh, I might mention, twins runs in my family and however as much as I thought it was possible to carry twins (especially due to my rapid gain and size) we're just having one baby :)

I started to show so early, around 10 weeks, but at 13.3 weeks, we found out that we are having triplets instead of twins :D .. Now im 14.5 and I look like 20 already!!

I started showing at about 6/7 weeks,and felt movement at 7 and a half weeks.

I've looked a bit bigger than normal for the last 4 weeks (am 10 weeks now) and I would say literally in the last 3 or 4 days my tummy has actually popped out a bit and starting to look like a pregnancy tummy rather than a who ate all the pies tum.

Ordered a load of maternity wear, it's not here yet and I'm struggling on the trousers / jeans front!:dohh:. Guess I underestimated how quickly I would get big! x

I didn't really get a bump until 11 weeks however from there I just grew & grew, at 13 weeks it was very obvious and now at 28 weeks I am as big as I have been before at full term.

I started getting bloaty in 1st tri as I did with first two pregnancies, but from 13 weeks I started exploding outward!!

I started to get an actual bump with the twins about 10 weeks. In my second pregnancy I was HUGE at 7 weeks and that was only one baby that died at 6 weeks as well, so just bloat not actual bump obviously. You can't really tell from size if it's twins or not.

I started showing around 8weeks and now I'm 13weeks it is so very obvious lol. I'm the same size now with my twins as I was at 22weeks with my lb (he is 8months old) I am very proud of my bump :) I know I'm going to be huge but I wouldn't have it any other way :) xx

i was terribly bloated the first trimester so was in stretchy pants just cause jeans were so uncomfortable. once the bloating stopped it was about 13 weeks when i got a hard bump, 15 weeks before i got a decent bump that people who knew me could tell i was pregnant, and between 18 - 20 weeks before everyone else could tell.after 20 weeks it exploded and just grew like crazy.

DH and I could tell at about 10 weeks. By 12 weeks, other people could tell if they already knew I was pregnant. It wasn't until about 21 weeks that everyone could tell. Also, my bump was all the way up to my ribs by 20 weeks. After that, I had nowhere to go but out! (although my little guy was convinced he could burrow through my ribs :haha:)

I got big fast but slowed down lately. I look and measure full term but not excessively huge. I thought I would be by the way I looked at 18 weeks so you never know!

I noticed that my uterus was higher very soon,I started showing about 7 weeks,at 7 and a half weeks felt butterfly movements,by 12 weeks,my uterus was already at my belly button.

good luck x

Just coming on to say that I feel huge already :shrug:, I am just under 12 weeks and look like I did at about 25 weeks with my singletons...I bloody hope there is definately only 2 in there and not another one hiding :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->