How soon is too soon?

Becki77

Mummy of 2 little men!
Reaction score
Hello!
How soon do u all think is too soon to ttc again? My little man is coming up to 1 yr old and we are thinking of ttc in the new yr, but I'm not sure!! I desperately want another baby and my husbands says the sooner the better then they will grow up together! I'm just not sure if im ready but don't want to leave it too long!
So my question is what do u all think is an ideal age gap between children?
X

personally i think the ideal age gap is what ever works for you and your family :) we're looking to ttc again when my daughters around 2yrs, 2months, to give us an age gap of around 3years, thats perfect for us, but i think you should do whats right for you :D

I think 2 years between each other is a good age. But its when you feel ready as a family. I dont think i could have another one until Roman could in a way look after himself and be toilet trained and also old enough to understand what having a brother or sister is.

I always thought 2 yrs was good but we are anxious to have another. I grew up with a twin sister and loved never having to be alone. We were planning on TTC in when our baby turns 1.

Our girls are 2yrs 2 months apart. It was hard the first few weeks but very rewarding.
Morgan had some understanding that there was a baby in mummys tummy and we had a solid routine that didn't have to change for toilet training etc. It was the right age gap for us!

I think 3 years is good, me and my older brother have an age gap of 3 years and it was great, when we weren't fighting lol. I think my mum could cope a little better as my brother was potty trained and more independent so haivng a newborn (me) was a little easier.

I remember reading somewhere once that the optimal waiting time when it comes to letting your body recover from the pregnancy is 18 months. That being said, if you feel up to it physically then that's all you need to know on that front! As for an ideal age difference, really, I think whatever suits the family financially and emotionally, so it's different for every family. :) One can never predict if the kids will get along or not, regardless of their age differences, I've seen it go in either direction and age doesn't seem to be a deciding factor.

Your son is super cute, good luck with your decision!

I think it sounds like a good age gap but it is all up to you :)

It's definitely just what feels right for you - I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. I have an 11 month gap between me and my youngest sister and we have a great relationship, but I also have a very good relationship with my sister who is 4 years older :) x

we're the same.Wanting to try for another baby in November before LO turns 1. I know it will be hard work but rewarding so can't wait to ttc.

From when we have our first, we are planning on trying for our next when the LO turns about 6 months. We would both like to have them fairly close so we will see!

xxx

My sister and I are 3 years apart. Then the littlest one came around when we were 11 and 8.

I would want to wait until LO1 is at least potty trained, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->