How the Hell Did I Pass the Gestational Diabetes Test?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I've had GD before -- and my maternal age is even more advanced than last time (a risk factor), and I haven't exactly been eating clean.

Click HERE!

I know of people who have had GD who have passed the test or only failed by a tiny amount but when they started monitoring thjeir numbers they were on insulin within a week...

I have had GD 3 x now (I have no risk factors at all!) But I refuse the GTT, it is pretty poor at identifying the extent of the issue and as I said, women pass it and still have GD. I just monitored my numbers and ate as usual until they started going weird.

I don't have it this time either and loads of my family have type 1 so I thought it was certain I'd get it again. The consultant was pretty surprised too.

Its a wonder I passed mine I had three cans of black cherry cola, bag of sour skittles, and an egg burrito less than 2 hours before the test as no one told me not to eat. They asked if i had when i got to the place, and i fibbed and said not for 7 or so hours as i got the feeling it was a big deal by the way the lady asked. and they almost didnt give me the test because they said it had to be eight hours, i threw a fit and they gave it to me then. I passed mine in good numbers to, I was honest with my OB and she said that is recommended you don't eat but not required for the 1 hr, as the 3 hr test is the fasting test.

Either way she didn't bat an eye at it and we don't think I have it as my numbers came back so great. Of course I don't always eat so awful but I went through a skittles a cherry cola phase at 29 wks and now the though of either makes me ill :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->