How to change hubby's mind?

kisunya

Reaction score
We don't know if we have boy or girl yet, but the only name for the boy my husband wants is Ivan. It's his grandpa's name, and an old russian one...but I hate it with passion. I always think about all the fairy tales of Ivan the fool... then there is Ivan the terrible. I just really really don't like the name, but he refuses to consider anything else...I suggested to make it a middle name, but he doesn't want that either....grrrrr....what to do what to do? :growlmad:

Stand firm, it's your baby and your choice too. You will be carrying the baby for nine months. I would really stress to him just how much you truly dislike it and reiterate to him that you would still be willing to compromise by giving him it as a middle name. Good luck x

Thats a tough one. I would keep stressing how you feel about the name and maybe he will understand just how much you dislike it and be willing to compromise.
Good luck.

That's not very fair of your oh! My big brother is called Ivan and he's a fantastic brother, dad to his 4 kids and uncle, he's also a Dr works as a GP and also in the children's hospice so not all Ivans are bad. Oh and at 43 he still tortures me as his baby sister and I'm 38 :)

I wouldn't tell him you passionately hate it as he'll just be offended but maybe tell him you're not a fan of naming babies after other people. Could you use a similar name, like Evan?
If you really don't want yo then stand your ground, you're the mum, your decision's the most important (imo anyway)

Tell him no way. And refuse to name your baby a name you hate. That's very unfair. I would make it clear that it's not going to happen. In my opinion it's already a huge compromise to offer it as a middle name. I wouldn't give my baby a middle name I dislike - so that's a generous offer on your part.

I think Evan is a nice suggestion. Its similar but maybe more to your liking?

You pick a girl name you know he hates and say thats it thats the girl name. Teach him a lesson. Or ask him how he would feel the other way around. If all else fails, play the upset heavily pregnant wife and give him the silent treatment until he agrees to discuss it xx

Ask him why should the baby be named after his grandfather and not yours! Stick to your guns! Agree its not the cutest of baby names!

Just stand your ground. Naming your LO is up to both of you so if you don't like the name he's chosen you'll both have to keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->