How to clean a baby girl?

ScotlandMD

Reaction score
Hi people.

I have a question in regards to cleaning a baby girl.

Once they have pooped and they need a change I was wondering what the recommended way of cleaning the child is?

I have heard that it is best to wipe away from their private parts, ie, when you are cleaning their bottom you clean wiping towards the back then move to thier front privates wiping upwards towards the belly.

Is this the best way?

I heard that it is best not to wipe downwards as it increases the chances of infection, i.e. the feces should not go near the pee pee area.

Obviosuly you would do a thorough clean to make sure everything is spotless but I was wondering what the best way to clean is

Thanking you!! :)

I have a boy but... I believe at our ante-natal class they said to wipe front to back, ie start at the top of the labia and wipe downwards towards the bottom, then up from the bottom towards the back. Have no idea how practical this is in reality though!

I do all wiping movements downwards and use a new wipe each 'wipe'. I never wipe upwards to avoid spreading germs etc... This is what I was told to do by LO's Doctor. :)

Yup i do exactly what you said.. X

I do front to back, and if i want to clean the front again i use a new bit of cotton wool/ wipe. I know doing their bottom you should go front to back.

Yes front to back :thumbup: Though this is most practical imo anyway, you can wipe away most of it with the nappy, then just tuck it under their bum while u clean up. Should never clean back to front xx

Definitely always wipe down! You want to avoid the urethra (where pee comes out) getting feces in it and it's near the upper part of vagina so always always wipe down. Being a daddy it's normal to feel a bit awkward cleaning it all (my OH thought so anyway) but also I usually gently pull the labia apart just to check that there isn't poo stuck in there, there usually is.

Yes front to back :thumbup: Though this is most practical imo anyway, you can wipe away most of it with the nappy, then just tuck it under their bum while u clean up. Should never clean back to front xx

:thumbup: I do this - nappy to wipe main mess then wipe front to back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->