How to conceive a girl??

Lana Farrell

Have1 boy,expecting twins
Reaction score
Me and fiancé are trying for baby number two and would love either but a girl to balance things out would be lovely...
So any ideas how we can try to conceive a girl? If that's even possible. Some say it is...

I am currently swaying for a girl...

I have been taking calcium & magnesium pills
I drink a big glass of cranberry juice each morning (will only do this until Ovulation)
NO orgasms (a lot easier said than done)
Eating/drinking a lot of dairy
BDing in "shallow positions"

We will see how it goes, I started doing these things a bit late around CD7ish. I also heard that not BDing on the day of ovulation helps sway girl but I probably won't skip that day because I track BBT... And at the end of the day I just want a healthy child :D Best Of Luck!

I did everything possible to sway for girl and I got my silly, crazy little boy.

I think I remember reading that BDing a few days before the expected ovulation day can increase the chances of a girl because the female sperm tend to survive longer than the male sperm, so your chances of a high concentration of female sperm are better if you BD a few days before your predicted O. I'm not sure how valid that is, best on your journey to baby :)

Old wives tale is, you must have sex every day for 2-4 days prior to your ovulation. You should abstain from sex 1-2 days before ovulation and several days after that. Girl sperm are stronger and more resilient, yet swim slower than boy sperm. This is to ensure that the slowly-swimming, more resilient girl sperms remain and fertilise the ovum.

Another way is to avoid alkaline foods near ovulation. These foods decreases acidity in your vagina and favour the survival of male sperm instead of female one. So opt for more acid ones starting with day 11 of you ovulation cycle.

Baby dust to you.

Wow so many ways to help conceive a girl! Iv attempted the BD'ing a few days before ovulation... There must be something to it. A lot of people say doing it before ovulation works. It's so fascinating. I conceived my boy by BD'ing on the day of ovulation and day after! Not intentionally at the time.
I guess it can vary because sometimes even though we get a positive lh surge we may take a longer or shorter time to actually ovulate so practicing this theory may go a little off-timing.
Ill be testing leading up to 13th may with some ultra sensitive cheapies... Can't wait. Fingers crossed.
Been having a horrible pain lower right when ovulating on past two cycles, hope its not anything serious like my endo flaring up again.

Good luck to everyone :)

Male sperms are faster but they tire out easily whereas female sperms are more stable in terms of their movement although they are slow. So if you want to conceive a baby girl, avoid having sex which involves deep penetration. Those positions include the missionary position, spooning, and the female on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->