How to concieve.whats the winning formula?

mandy1971

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wondering if you could share with me what you have done in the past in order to achieve your BFP?
I have been ttc for 16 months. Had a mc in april and then again more recently earlier this month
so it took 10 long months the first time. What did I do differently?

I had been using opk from tesco (£7 for 7), I had lost several pounds in weight(around 5pounds) and thats about it really, incidentally I was undergoing a very stressfull time at home and at work!

second time, I took pre conception vitamins, put on all said weight I'd previously lost (and a little more!), and was also using the tesco opk(I had obtained cheaper opk's from amazon since last mc in april, when compared to tesco's version, they were just not as reliable..), incidentally I took a wee notion for cinammon powder and was adding it to yogurts and anything else sweet tasting, my other half even added it to a curry one night by mistake!
Since reading some of the threads here I've been surprised to learn that honey and cinnamon are being used by some of you as an aid to conception.

well, I'm seriously contemplating buying a cbfm, in an attempt to save some money in the long term as I'm spending a small fortune on opk's! I'd love to hear some of your stories guys, and what your thoughts on the cbfm are as opposed to opk packs?

meant to say we've been using concieve plus for a few months now, though did'nt use it the first time we concieved.

Hi Mandy

I went on project ttc overdrive.

I used :
CBFM
conceive plus
softcups
MACA -both me and oh
his and hers pre-conception vits
sperm meets egg plan ( highly organised!! )
Went on to organic food where possible and OH banned from standing near the microwave when it was on and no laptops on knees.

I was going to start Royal Jelly the next month but got my bfp

I never tried OPK's - I thought the cbfm was brilliant as it monitors both LH and estrogen - giving you a longer window pre-lh surge.

Hope you get your bfp soon

hx

Hi girls,

I was wondering if you could share with me what you have done in the past in order to achieve your BFP?
I have been ttc for 16 months. Had a mc in april and then again more recently earlier this month
so it took 10 long months the first time. What did I do differently?

I had been using opk from tesco (£7 for 7), I had lost several pounds in weight(around 5pounds) and thats about it really, incidentally I was undergoing a very stressfull time at home and at work!

second time, I took pre conception vitamins, put on all said weight I'd previously lost (and a little more!), and was also using the tesco opk(I had obtained cheaper opk's from amazon since last mc in april, when compared to tesco's version, they were just not as reliable..), incidentally I took a wee notion for cinammon powder and was adding it to yogurts and anything else sweet tasting, my other half even added it to a curry one night by mistake!
Since reading some of the threads here I've been surprised to learn that honey and cinnamon are being used by some of you as an aid to conception.

well, I'm seriously contemplating buying a cbfm, in an attempt to save some money in the long term as I'm spending a small fortune on opk's! I'd love to hear some of your stories guys, and what your thoughts on the cbfm are as opposed to opk packs?

Eh honey? Whats that supposed to do???? I am from the US and grew up with the cheap honey that comes in the little plastic sqeezable bears. No, my family were not food Connoisseurs:blush:
I tried the past few weeks some really - really good honey - wow is it different! It is this Austrian brand d'arbo (Sp?) and it is AMAZING:) I have been having spoonfuls! Did not try it till after my O but have been eaing it in my 2 week wait!

Anyway for your question: I think what helped me most was bding before O when had fertile CM - not waiting till the day of O and bding at least twice. I had clockwork cycles and always o'd on day 14 (I know you may hate me). I found bding 11 and 13 to be pretty good for my odds - got preg twice like that. I do still bd on the day of O alot but make sure to have spermies in place.
Since reading up on sups I like vit B-6 combined with magnesium, Coq10, Omega 3 oils in a sup and extra folic acid.
I like to eat lots of foods with selinium - sunflower seeds - brazil nuts.

xxx

Hi h,
congratulations on the pregnancy, I hope you are keeping well.
I have the damn laptop on my knees all the time. I've been wondering about this actually, have you read about links with infertility?
I will do some research into MACA, a herb I'm presuming..
we will be buying a cbfm soon in time for our next cycle, see how that goes.
M xx

Hi cedarwood,

I read a good thread recently on bnb explaining the science of honey and cinnamon. I had a wee look on line for you for some science explanation, but could only find this on healthmad.com
Various ancient medical streams like Ayurveda and Yunani have been using honey for years in medicine to strengthen the semen of men. Two tablespoons of honey before they go to sleep is what is prescribed by many experienced practitioners. This combination will work wonders for women as well. In China, Japan and other Asian countries, if the women who do not conceive, and or if their uterus is weak, then they have been prescribed cinnamon powder. Women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half a teaspoon of honey, and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.

Read more: https://healthmad.com/alternative/1...of-honey-and-cinnamon-combo/2/#ixzz10eCgVzOin healthmad.com

why don't you try some cinnamon with the honey,cedarwood..?
and let me know how you get on.
m x

Hey,

It took my hubby and I nearly a year to get pregnant the first time round then sadly we lost our little one we waited for my first AF before trying again. I was trying to ate healthy (organic were possible), put hubby on vits and he eat lots of seeds (pumpkin and sunflower) I used tesco's opks and used to put a pillow under my bum and legs in the air. I had lots of problems with AF (heavy and painful) and spotting so after my bloods being checked which came back all ok my dr sent me for an us. US went well everything was ok put I found out that my womb was tipped forward slightly and the us lady suggested lying on my stomach after sex. Hubby and I figuered what the hell can't do any harm so thats what I did used opks (as we had each month) so we know when was the best time and made sure I rolled on my tummy well the first month of doing this I got my BFP. This time it took us 5 months to get pregnant as you can see from my ticker I am 5weeks and 4 days hoping and praying everything will be alright this time.

Ah thanks Lucy. Congratulations honey, hope all goes smoothly for you. It's interesting seeing what works for everyone. Maybe by reading some of these posts we can pick up some tips! Xxx

Hi cedarwood,

I read a good thread recently on bnb explaining the science of honey and cinnamon. I had a wee look on line for you for some science explanation, but could only find this on healthmad.com
Various ancient medical streams like Ayurveda and Yunani have been using honey for years in medicine to strengthen the semen of men. Two tablespoons of honey before they go to sleep is what is prescribed by many experienced practitioners. This combination will work wonders for women as well. In China, Japan and other Asian countries, if the women who do not conceive, and or if their uterus is weak, then they have been prescribed cinnamon powder. Women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half a teaspoon of honey, and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.

Read more: https://healthmad.com/alternative/1...of-honey-and-cinnamon-combo/2/#ixzz10eCgVzOin healthmad.com

why don't you try some cinnamon with the honey,cedarwood..?
and let me know how you get on.
m x

Thanks! Will look for some really good quality cinnamon. I do like it on oatmeal:thumbup:
Thanks for the info on the honey as well!

My formula and only thing that I use is the CBFM (and I take folic acid).
CBFM got me pregnant 45 days after I stopped my pill (but I miscarried) and the next cycle (I waited 2 cycles due to my dnc and advice from doctor); I switched it on again, I got pregnant again. I got my CBFM off on ebay really cheaply (some girls even get it off for 30 bucks) and the resale price is still quite high for a second hand one, so you can easily sell it off again after you are done with it!

Hi h,
congratulations on the pregnancy, I hope you are keeping well.
I have the damn laptop on my knees all the time. I've been wondering about this actually, have you read about links with infertility?
I will do some research into MACA, a herb I'm presuming..
we will be buying a cbfm soon in time for our next cycle, see how that goes.
M xx

I meant more for OH and the heat not being good for his little chaps.

I have heard it banded about about not being good for us but I don't know anything about that really - not sure that there's any concrete evidence either way.

Hi guys,
I looked up maca on a link here it's £44, just a wee bit too pricey for us just now. Be buying the cbfm anyhoo, if no luck with that then maybe at a later date we will
shell out for the maca, the increased libido would come in handy lol xxx

Hi Mandy

I started using maca last month, you can get it on Ebay and Amazon for about £9 inc postage for 100 caps, make sure they are organic.

I use concieve plus, pregnacare conception, maca, EPO upto O, cheap opk's and clearblue digi opk to confirm, cutting back on caffeine and alcohol, pillow under bum after bd.

It worked for me back in June but unfortunately mc at 7wk, only thing I have changed is maca. Thinking of trying progesterone cream and cbfm if can get one cheap enough this cycle!

GL & :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->