How to cope well lol

T

Tilly

Is that even possible with a toddler? of course I love Bethanie to bits, but today is one of those days where everything is going wrong. Bethanie has poo'd in the shower, hit her head quite badly after getting out of the bath, I spilt the lunch everywhere and I feel generally guilty and losing control a bit. Everything seems to be a struggle at the minute.. I mean I generally find things straightforward, but simple tasks such as showering are becoming really difficult as Bethanie tries to climb in with me etc (this wouldn't be a problem, but it's far too slippery for her and I don't want to risk it, shes been in with me a few times and it's quite difficult). Living with many people doesn't help, especially when they're boyfriends family... I feel like a blimmin maid.

Where do you put little ones when you bath? (just saw Yvanne say shes having a bath later, Yvanne if you read this.. does that mean you only bath in the evenings then?). I need new tips to cope better recently. Don't get me wrong im not NOT coping, but I am finding it more of a struggle recently.

yeah i only bath wen kids are in bed asleep, i dont have a shower, so i bath every evening, excpet wen im on af(tmi lol) then i have a bath wen kids are napping as well as at night

:hugs:

re: the bath/shower i take Rhiannon in the bathroom with me and sit her in her bouncy chair, obviously she is younger than Bethanie, but maybe you could get a bumbo seat for her or if she has a travel cot plop some toys and bethanie in and have an uber fast shower??

re one of those days: i get days where things are running smoothly and i think "yes ive cracked this parent/routine malarky" and then bam it takes one small thing like a friend visiting for it all to go (excuse expression) tits-up!!! im constantly chasing my tail and not getting anywhere..
maybe OH or his family could have bethanie for an hour for you to have a break??

hope you have a better day tomorow XXX

(sorry for naff reply i didnt want to read and run x)

Cant offer any advice, but wanted to say im not coping to well either at the mo, everything has got on top of me and im struggling so your not on your own :hug:

x

Mine just run riot and I clear up afterwards. I have a shower cubicle so it's easy to shut them out though.

They have a bit of a thing for licking the toilet seat when I'm in the shower even when the lid's down. Oh well... builds up immunity. Also it might help that I wear glasses and can't see everything they're doing when they're doing it.

Do you think someone could look after Bethanie while you get washed and dressed though? It would make the whole thing a load quicker.

I'm still just starting, but so far I have scheduled my showers for when DH is home and can take care of her. Usually my mom will watch Erica in the evenings for us to go to the gym, and I'll run home and take a shower before going to get her. I'm too nervous to leave here since she is still so young. I hope you can have time to relax and maybe OH can watch Bethanie for a bit while you do.

must be the weather!

I also have too many things to do and never enough time to complete sth. around the baby, and sometimes I even don't know where to start, and things start to go over my head atm :baby:

and I can understand you very well, as you know our housing situation isn't ideal either, and sometimes you just wish to have more space, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->