How to deal with morning sickness?

Reaction score
Any advice appreciated as this is ridiculous. Yesterday I had some time off work as despite not being sick I was nauseated, couldn't really eat and was so shaky and exhausted.

Yesterday and today I am a bit better but i am still not functioning. I am hungry but can barely eat. If I do eat it's in tiny portions that I don't enjoy and then my tummy gurgles ridiculously for ages whilst I wait and hope for the nausea to pass.

If relevant, I also seem somewhat constipated :(

My 4 year old just said she misses her mummy. It's my husband's birthday and we're not doing anything as I just can't (money too but this isn't helping).

Is there Anything I can do? How can I get my insides working again?

Hi.. unfortunitely there isn't much we can do about morning sickness but I found the things that helped me through it were small sips of liquids and it may sound bad but fizzy juice was always easiest to have for me. Ive heard boiling ginger in hot water and sipping it helps but I couldn't bring myself to even smell it let alone drink lol. Avoiding tight things around your waist also helps and eating small amounts as much as possible..dry biscuits, crackers, chips? You probably know all this already and sorry I can't be more helpful, I hope it passes quickly for you. If it gets too much to handle you could try contacting your doctor and getting anti sickness meds x :hugs:

I'm getting morning sickness quite badly myself, what seems to help me is eat little but often.
I know myself i have to be careful what i choose to nibble on, for me things like raisins and sugar snap peas have help stave of the sick feeling and drinking plenty of orange has helped a lot also. I don't know if it will help you but my advise would be any craving you have use it, and nibble on the things you can stomach.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Nothing seemed to really help I just found these things made life a little bearable..
Lucazade, Salty crisps, Peppermint chocolate, Bite of a lemon, Bananas, crumpets, marmite on toast, milk, cheese, Ice cream. Not ideal food groups but I was desperate for some relief. All these in small amounts. Nothing would stay down including water. 7-10weeks was bad for me and ended up being prescribed medication, still rough but nothing compared to those weeks. I also started taking multivitamins which I think have helped a bit, they contain B12. Get plenty of sleep as when I'm tired it tends to be even worse and lots of fresh air. Hope it eases for you soon x

HI justmeinlove:flower:

I ordered Sea bands from Amazon for motion sickness and those seem to be helping :shrug: They don't take the ms away completely but enough to where I'm functional and can enjoy family time.

I bought ginger candy (not the sweet kind) and keep it in my pocket for those waves of nausea. I also realized if I eat a snack before bed or even a cracker or 2 when I get up to pee in the middle of the night I don't wake up feeling too sick.

Oh and I take b6 in the morning and extra b6 with my prenatal right before bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->