How to deal with real bad AF?

rollachick

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive always had really bad AF since they first started when i was 14-15, it would always be day 1-2 that ild b vomiting and coudnt do anything all day. I went on the pill after i was told it could help and it did!!! It was the best thing ever, had easy as AF.

Now that ive stopped taken them at the end of last year they have started getting real bad again, worse than i can remember they used to be. So thought ild go to the docs to try and get something for it. That was about 5months ago and she knew we were trying to get pregnant, but she gave me mefenamic acid. I took them for 3months on the days when it got real bad and it helped heaps, would feal a little quezzy but wouldnt vomit or have the massive pains like i normly got.

That was algood untill i did some research on the stuff and everyone was saying dont take it if your TTC, as it reduces female fertility, i was so gutted that we had just wasted those 3months of trying. So my question is, does anyone know how long it will have keept my fertility low?
And also i desperatly need some advise on how to deal with bad AF. I normally just have to vomit then go to bed with a hot water bottle and after 4ish hours it goes down enough so i can start functioning again. Cant have a bath as i cant stand using tampons when im feeling that sick already.

Please help

Didn't want to read and run. No idea what to say to you, but hopefully things will look up soon :( xxx

hi !!

I have the same issue..
really really excruciating pain the first 2 days.. where I cant even stand or sit up..
need to lie down and wait for the pain to pass..
I have to dose myself up on painkillers.. if I dont, the nausea/vomitting and loose bowel movements come one after the other..
its pretty tragic..
what I've tried to do is learn to do some deep breathing excercises and techniques to help cope with the extreme period pain.. and I keep some tiger balm/menthol oil to rub on my belly when I feel like the pain is taking over me.....
the deep breaths etc do help when I feel like about to puke.. it really keeps everything down... and warm hot green tea makes me feel alot better too..
and I also have tried to do some light yoga to help the stomach muscles stretch and tone up..

I try to stick with natural methods... but when I cant take the pain - I take painkillers the whole first 2 days of AF..

maybe do a check up at the docs to see if you have PCOS or any issues with your uterine lining that could be causing such bad symptoms??

hope you can find a way to deal with the pain..
xx

Hey thanks for your advise bubblebelly.
Wow i was gona say that im glad im not alone but it sounds like you get it way worse than me :( il defintly try the green tea, deep breaths and tiger balm but itl b hard seen it normly seems to come when im at work, so its hard enof to just get home before i start vomiting let alone trying to do things to reduce it.
But hopefully i dont need to try it, hopeing this month ill get the positive test. It gives us extra encouragement to try harder each month so i dont need to deal with it again.

Have you been checked for endometriosis? As I understand it, that causes really bad period pain.

Bubblebelly- just wondering if you have found out what causes your bad AFs.

Im a bit to nervous to go to the docs incase it is something real bad, dont think i could handle it, i know its stupid but ild prefure to not know than to know

Im so over this cycle already. Had AF for 9 days now!!! Wanted to start trying again at CD8 but that def hasnt started. As soon as it finishes im gona be real close to 'o' day so i dont think its gona happen this month =(

hey rolls chick! are you sure you ovulate that early? try doing some OPK tests, and maybe see if you can really determine when you ovulate..

I have an aunty who is a doctor and she put me on the pill for awhile to help regulate and ease my cycle - but this was during my teens.. and I never stayed on it for more than 2-3 months at a time..

I have had ultrasounds done during my teens too t check for cysts.. but they found nothing - so may need to go back and do some more scans.. although I do think my bad period pain is genetic somehow because all my sisters go through the same thing..
I think although you are scared to get checked out, its probably best to atleast get some tests done just so you know that it isnt going to affect your chances on conceiving.. good luck!!
and hope you get your BFP soon!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"