How to decide whether to try again?

viccat

Reaction score
Hello there ..... please bear with me while I try to get this down on paper ...

Me and my OH have a gorgeous 15 month old baby boy who is the light of our lives. It took many years for us to meet and then several more to be settled together, and then 18 months of trying for him to be conceived.

So here we are aged 41, and agreed our cheeky chops is perfect and enough for us to be a family.

But I am broody! I enjoyed being pregnant, had an easy birth and am loving being a mummy now he is a bit more independent. I also worry that he will have a slightly lonelier life without siblings. Both me and OH are 1 of 3, and love our families.

OH says he doesn't want another child because we had a massive scare about genetic problems. Luckily everything came back clear but the few weeks between the early blood test results and detailed amniocentesis results seem to have really affected my OH.

I would be really trying to change his mind, but have a couple of hesitations myself, which are about the fact we can afford to privately educate one child, but not two. I appreciate everyone has different views on private education, but it is something I would like to do for my little man. If he has a sibling it is unlikely to happen, and we would need to move to a different town to get into a good state school.

And the other thing is that I love spending time with my boy, and worry that I would miss the best bits of him growing up if I had another to look after?! I already feel like my days are completely full as it is! :wacko:

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->