How to disguise bump/ bloat????

OliveBay

1 angel, 1 rainbow...
Reaction score
Hi, just dipping my toe cautiously in here after quite a break - not really been on here much since having my LG almost 2 years ago.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has any cunning fashion tricks for disguising bump/ bloat. I'm only 6 weeks but soooo bloated that I look about 5 months along. I'm not ready to tell anyone for a good while yet, certainly not work colleagues, but they'll all guess pretty soon if I carry on growing at this rate. It's my third pregnancy and I seem to show quicker/ get more bloated each time :blush:

I'm a size 10-12 UK and like to dress fairly well, quite fashionable, and drapey, baggy clothes really aren't 'me' as they just swamp me. I've got a couple of oversized shirts that look quite cool with skinny leg trousers, and I've just bought quite a cropped but wide top for work (not sure how else to describe it), that sits just above my waist band but sticks out quite a lot, which I'm hoping will be a good disguise.

Anyone got any other cunning tips or tricks?

Thanks x

Eurgh I feel your pain. I was 21 weeks in March and I feel like I've popped straight back!!
I'm living in dresses and massive cardigans at the moment so not really your style! I had a woman the other day ask when the baby was due. I'm 9 weeks!!

Stalking...

Big padded bra...the boobs overshadow the tummy! I managed to hide my pregnancy from my MIL for the first 20 weeks.

The top sounds pretty.

I used over the bump panel leggings. It didnt squish baby but still hid excess bloat. Also shirts that are baggier for a style. My favorite outfit before I expanded rapidly and maternity was a must was a Rue 21 shirt and black leggings. I hope you find something!

I wear a lot of empire line dresses with a high under boob belt. A couple of my dresses I sinch in round the waist with a belt just above my belly button I'm apple shaped anyway so use a lot of these to disguise my normal belly though now I'm totally bloated!!

I've got the same issue. I can't really wear leggings for work as they're not smart enough. I'm thinking I need to invest in some floaty tops. I usually wear skirts and fitted tops or dresses to work. I'm quite slim so most of my clothes are fairly fitted but this is my third baby and my stomach is enormous at nine weeks!

I'm just putting up with looking like a sack of potatoes, I'm even wearing some maternity dresses because my tummy isn't so 'hugged'. I'm trying to cover it up to some people til after my 20 week scan because that's when I lost the last one, but being 5ft 1 and apple shaped and my previous pregnancies I don't think I've got a bat in bells chance.
I'll have to get some of those madonna boob cones to hang my clothes off :haha:

Following! I was bigger last time I was pregnant (size 14/16 when conceived) and since have lost a lot of weight. This time that's meant that I've had bloat enough to make me look the size I was before! I'm struggling to hide it too, I can't afford a whole new wardrobe for work until I hit 12 weeks when I won't care who knows.

Longer tops, tunic style. I'd wear them over leggings, but if that's not an option for work maybe you could wear them over your normal trousers, perhaps leave the button undone?

Yes, I think baggy tops over bootleg trousers look a bit weird so thinking of getting some maternity straight leg ones because nobody would be able to see the top if I just got some adjustable waist ones. Really didn't want to buy maternity just yet but my maternity clothes from the last two times have also been round about four of my friends since I wore them so I think they'll be getting a bit shabby anyhow.

I've been getting by in dresses with high waists, especially dark-colored ones. I still have a belly from the side, but at least looking straight on I don't look pregnant. I wish I could wear cardigans right now, but with the pregnancy sweats it's not happening.

I teach high school and I really wanted to wait a few more weeks to tell my students, but I fear kids are gonna notice! And the Madonna bra is probably not appropriate teacher dress.

Looking forward to hearing more suggestions!

I've been getting by in dresses with high waists, especially dark-colored ones. I still have a belly from the side, but at least looking straight on I don't look pregnant. I wish I could wear cardigans right now, but with the pregnancy sweats it's not happening.

I teach high school and I really wanted to wait a few more weeks to tell my students, but I fear kids are gonna notice! And the Madonna bra is probably not appropriate teacher dress.

Looking forward to hearing more suggestions!

With my second pregnancy with my son, I told people I worked with but I didn't tell my students until after 20 weeks. I was wearing pretty floaty baggy clothes by then but I got away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->