How to get the smell out of my nappies?

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
Even after I was them they still smell like ammonia. :wacko:
I don't soak them as they're mostly AIO/Pockets so have PUL. But I wash them with detergent and baking soda to take out any stains and it's supposed to take the smell out But they still stink! :growlmad:

I'm starting to think maybe it's my washer since some of my clothes now smell like her nappies :sick:
I'm going to bleach clean my washer in the morning and hope that takes care of it, but if not, how do you get the smell out?

i think i read somewhere that white vinegar is ment to nutralise any smells and clean the nappies might need to google it though!

Have you ever done a strip wash? Build up of detergent can cause nappies to retain smells.

There are various ways of stripping it, but I use the dishwasher tablet method. I put a dishwasher tablet in the drum with my nappies, wash, rinse, and rinse again. So far, it's working well for us :)

Hope cleaning out the machine helps your other clothes to not smell! :)

Yeah just had a look and it is used for getting smells as well as stains out. It says to use 1/2 pint in the rinse cycle. its the malt white vinegar by the way!

And another site says only to add 1 to 2 tbsp into the fabric conditioner draw!

Hmm Maybe the 1/2 pint is for really smelly nappies!

Awesome! Thanks, I'll have to try those!

Although, won't my nappies smell like vinegar if I use it?

you just have to rinse them out well to get the vinegar smell out and you shouldnt need alot and make sure you use distilled white vinegar

Ive been using oils with my soapnuts as the soapnuts were leaving my things smelling like vinegar, I just put a cuple drops where I used to put my conditioner and a few drops on my flannel :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->