How to get through 1st trimester with all the worrying?!

EllaEllaElla

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I need some advice. I am 5+0 weeks today, and I CANNOT STOP WORRYING!
I did pregnancy tests almost daily until I saw 3+ on a clearblue digital week indicator. This evening, my breasts are a lot less tender than they have been for the past couple of weeks, and I find myself googling EVERYTHING - only to read horror stories. We don't do early scans without indication in the country I live in, so the first scan will be at 11+4 weeks.

How do you get through this time without worrying and at the same time functioning as a normal human being?!

Well this is my 3rd pregnancy and currently I’m 4weeks+ 5 days. I can honestly say I am experiencing the same amount of worry as I did with the other 2. I think it is totally natural.

Take everything you read with a grain of sand and remember that every women’s body and every pregnancy is different. What is normal for one is not normal for another.

You will experience symptoms for days in a row and then all of a sudden you won’t but don’t worry there is just another onslaught of symptoms you’ll experience and in time they may disappear as well. Pregnancy can be never ending sometimes and quite honestly every trimester comes with different worries and anxieties but you will get through it just to worry about the baby once it’s out of your body. Then for the rest of its life. This is parenting and motherhood!

The easiest thing to do is try and keep yourself busy. Fiends, reading, excersise (which you can still do and is healthy for your pregnancy), baking & cooking healthy meals, cleaning. Idk day to day things will take your mind off of it a bit.

Well this is my 3rd pregnancy and currently I’m 4weeks+ 5 days. I can honestly say I am experiencing the same amount of worry as I did with the other 2. I think it is totally natural.

Take everything you read with a grain of sand and remember that every women’s body and every pregnancy is different. What is normal for one is not normal for another.

You will experience symptoms for days in a row and then all of a sudden you won’t but don’t worry there is just another onslaught of symptoms you’ll experience and in time they may disappear as well. Pregnancy can be never ending sometimes and quite honestly every trimester comes with different worries and anxieties but you will get through it just to worry about the baby once it’s out of your body. Then for the rest of its life. This is parenting and motherhood!

The easiest thing to do is try and keep yourself busy. Fiends, reading, excersise (which you can still do and is healthy for your pregnancy), baking & cooking healthy meals, cleaning. Idk day to day things will take your mind off of it a bit.

Thank you so much for the advice! You are right, I just have to keep myself busy. And stop googling!

I think you just have to accept that if it’s meant to be, it will be. There’s nothing you can do to (other than the obvious don’t smoke, drink, do drugs, etc). Honestly I’m a nervous wreck so I can’t really talk, but I do try and remind myself of that. Worrying won’t help xx

3rd baby and I'm 18 weeks. I dont think you can stop the worrying, you just have to get through each day and accepting what will be will be as previous poster said

My first I was a nervous wreck. This time I’ve been much more relaxed all around. I had more symptoms with my first baby, this time I’ve had almost zero symptoms the whole way through! No nausea, didn’t have sore boobs with either baby, no cravings or aversions. It can be totally normal for some people. I appreciate it more this time haha, I was sick with my son and I don’t think I could have gotten through another pregnancy feeling crummy and taking care of a toddler.

Best advice... yeah keep busy is really the best suggestion I have. It’s harder with your first because you don’t have any other babies/kids to focus on, but try doing anything you’ve been wanting to do now, because once the baby comes it’s a lot harder to keep up with hobbies/classes/anything else haha. I also used a Doppler in both pregnancies which helped keep me calm until I could feel regular movement.

Hugs to you, the first trimester will be over soon!

Totally normal Ella
I’m 12 weeks and I can’t stop the anxiety and stress
Counting days till my next dr visit
I’ve been off work for a while and that did not help
Back to work this week and it’s a bit easier when you’re busy
Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy dear

Thank you so much ladies. I love the support on this forum. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months!

Yes I agree with the other ladies I worry too much too and get anxiety as I had many miscarriage in the past but I try to keep my self busy

Yes I agree with the other ladies I worry too much too and get anxiety as I had many miscarriage in the past but I try to keep my self busy

I'm 30 wks 1 day and I still worry. It doesnt stop. Yes our risk decreases when we are out of the first trimester but then we have a new set of worries. With each trimester and then of course once babys here and growing up lol. The only thing you can do is think positive.

Hey. I'm doing the same thing. I'm 5 weeks 6 days and I have developed this crazy habit of making sure my breasts still hurt and when they don't, I get super nervous until they do again. Also, the littlest things set me off crying. Things that I could normally deal with set me into tears. Is anyone else suuuper emotional?

Hey. I'm doing the same thing. I'm 5 weeks 6 days and I have developed this crazy habit of making sure my breasts still hurt and when they don't, I get super nervous until they do again. Also, the littlest things set me off crying. Things that I could normally deal with set me into tears. Is anyone else suuuper emotional?

It's good to know that I'm not the only one going crazy poking my breasts all the time, lol. Definitely a lot more emotional these days, it is nuts. Smallest things will offend me, and set me into tears.

Hi hon

I stressed out so much the whole way through the first trimester.
The main thing that has got me through is my faith in Jesus and prayer.
I've had a few Misscariges so I was naturally anxious the first 14 weeks of this pregnancy but my faith helped me get through it. Pluss trying my best to stay as positive as possible and all the lovely ladies on here have always been so supportive.
I had a scare at 12 weeks where I had some spotting but thankfully baby was fine and the spotting stopped in the end.
I'm now 22+1 and finally starting to relax but I've not had an easy ride with health problems. Thankfully everything is back on track now and baby is healthy which I am so thankful for.
I also purchased a doppler at 11+4 and that has been a great comfort.
I really didnt enjoy early pregnancy it's just such a worrying time so I'm totally feeling ya hon. But you will get through it.
My symptoms kept coming and going and coming back again.
My boobs became less tender when I hit 6 weeks and I was so worried but a few days later they became very very sore. The sickness got at 8 weeks.
Was told its normol for symptoms to come and go in early pregnancy.
Prayers for a sticky beany[-o<

Oh and try and keep busy. Cleaning cooking going for walks that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->