how to habdle kissing

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
So yeaterday as the weather was naff we were watching a movie where they kissed at the end. Lo decided he wanted to copy this sort of kiss on me. At first I hadn't realised what exactly it was so kissed him back but he kept coming back and trying. It was only when on said you don't snog mummy silly that I realised.
Have we handled this wrong?

My kids sometimes give me long kisses on the lips. :shrug: Anything more than that is probably not an appropriate movie to be watching with young children.

We used to give our older son short pecks on the lips when he was younger, but then I got to thinking about it and didn't want him to think that's how he should go around kissing everyone, lol. So we just told him that he should kiss us on the cheek, and showed him that.

We give our lo kisses on the lips and I don't intend to stop. I love his baby kisses. Lol but I would explain to him that isn't how we kiss our mommies. He is too young to understand now but I figure he would if he understands the way they kissed in the movie.

So, just to clarify, did he come at you open-mouthed and with tongue? :haha: In that situation I'd probably just jokingly say "Hey, close your mouth!" and give a regular kiss.

So, just to clarify, did he come at you open-mouthed and with tongue? :haha: In that situation I'd probably just jokingly say "Hey, close your mouth!" and give a regular kiss.

Kinda opened mouth yeah, like a long one. It was a Disney movie we were watching so I don't think it was inappropriate iykwim.. I dunno I felt a little.. Awkward about it. I think it just goes down to that he didn't fully understand. He has a speech delay and it can't b difficult to explain some things to him. When oh said it he also said it in a joking way too

I would just say "yuuuuck, slobber! I want a proper kiss!" jokingly.

I kiss my lo's on the lips but mouth shut. If either tried to do it open mouth and for any length of time I'd do similar to pp and say 'ew no slobber' or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->