How to make it to the gender scan without losing your head?

Sass827

Reaction score
I have such a long haul to my gender scan - somewhere between 6 and 14 weeks, I guess? I'm terrified of finding it's a girl. I have a really bad relationship with my MIL and DH does not support me in making it better because we cannot agree on how to make it better. She is a really inappropriate person, she has no boundaries, she smothers me, she's needy and manipulative all at the same time and its very overwhelming to me.
She is involved in a religious cult and she put a spell on me the first time she met me that I will only have girl babies and now I'm terrified that it might be true. she's been waiting 35 years for a girl, and I'm afraid if my first is a girl, she will make my life hell. I figure if I can have a boy first, get some boundaries set, it will be fine if my second is a girl. I just don't think I can set boundaries with her and a girl.
So how do I make it to my scan without losing my head? any advice is much appreciated!

Oh hun just be straight with her hun, having a baby is hard and to have her hanging over you qill be harder for you you nees to set the rules now speak to your oh be open tell him how you feel its your baby hun nit hers so whatever you says goes dont let her ruin your special moments x

He thinks his mom is a Hero. She can do no wrong in his eyes. When she does and says bizarre things, I point it out to him, and his response is that it doesn't really hurt anyone, so I should just ignore it.
I took him to counseling and the counselor wanted me to confront his mother until we established that she isn't mentally stable, then the counselor advised me to simply restrict her from my life as much as possible. I've done that now for the last year and it's been fairly successful. I'm just fearful now with the baby coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->