How to prepare nappies.

mummygiraffe

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
OK so i'm getting my stash ready for new baby.

what should i do to get them ready to use?

and also what does stripping involve-i haven't managed to grasp it yet by posts mentioning it?? How exactly do i do it and how often?

I would wash them all first, the outers and any microfibre just one wash will do.
Anything with bamboo you might want to add to any other loads you do as they get better after a fair few washes - you don't need to dry them in-between

You wont need to strip wash for a while, if you are careful not at all. You do this when they get full of detergent - maybe if too much has been used or not getting well rinsed. If you use soap nuts/a small amount of detergent you shouldn't get build up.

^^^wss

Also, you'll know you need to strip the nappies if they become stinky, if your LO suddenly starts getting rashes or if they don't seem as absorbant as they used to be :thumbup:

There are a few ways to strip wash but the most popular is to use a full scoop of detergent and then rinse until there are no bubbles left in the rinse water (I hate strip washes- time comsuming and so much water is used!).

hth :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->