How to pronounce Aislinn?

This is an old thread- but I hope she pronounced it Ash-lyn, which is the correct pronunciation. This is an Irish name, which is why the spelling doesn't correspond how you think it would. Aisling, pronounced Ash-ling, has the exact same meaning but the spelling and pronunciation are slightly different. The meaning is dream or vision in Irish, by the way.

I always pronounced it Az-lynn. Very pretty any way you say it though. :flower:

I voted ash-lynn, would you consider spelling it Ashlinn/Ashlynn, if you are worried?. I personally love it spelt Aislinn though.

x

We've talked about it, and I don't think it looks as pretty as Aislinn. DH and I are discussing how to pronounce, I'm leaning more toward the traditional Irish pronunciation, and he's feeling more like if no one can pronounce her name, its just going to be annoying, so we may as well say it how it looks.

I would never change a name to look how it sounds, it makes it look like the parents don't know how to pronounce it themselves. It's a beautiful traditional name itself and plenty of 'normal' names have to be spelled. My husband Mark always has to spell his name n the States as people ask him if it's Marc.

My daughter is Niamh. Yes, some people may struggle with it but it takes 2 seconds to pronounce it for them and it then becomes very memorable and unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->