How to relax and enjoy the next two months of first tri?

Belle Shine

Reaction score
So I am still only 21 dpo and still nervous that AF could show at any minute. I took my first cb digi at 18dpo and got 2-3 weeks which was great. Today I took another one and another cheap 99p shop test. The cheap test was much much darker but cb digi still says 2-3 weeks. So now I have to buy another one as I'm determined to see a 3+ before I stop POAS!

Anyway I am so anxious that the little heartbeat won't start in a couple of weeks and it may all just got wrong... How can I stop myself from thinking this way and just relax into this pregnancy??

I want to enjoy every second of it as much as possible but I'm not sure how to switch off the anxiety f waiting for that first scan.

Any tips on being able to enjoy it all?? Xx

Hi there. Despite having 3 first tris under my belt I can't really help ! I suppose the only thing I think is that you're pregnant now and however pregnant you get whether it be 6 weeks or. 9 months no one can ever take that away and you should just enjoy being x weeks pregnant. I personally hate first tri with a passion but I don't think you're 'wasting' your pregnancy if you don't enjoy it. Second and third tri will easily make up for it, not to mention the new baby :)
The other thing is that something like 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage BUT 75% end in mc before you can find out your pregnant so you're already past that stage and you're odds are vastly improved xxx

Hi there. Despite having 3 first tris under my belt I can't really help ! I suppose the only thing I think is that you're pregnant now and however pregnant you get whether it be 6 weeks or. 9 months no one can ever take that away and you should just enjoy being x weeks pregnant. I personally hate first tri with a passion but I don't think you're 'wasting' your pregnancy if you don't enjoy it. Second and third tri will easily make up for it, not to mention the new baby :)
The other thing is that something like 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage BUT 75% end in mc before you can find out your pregnant so you're already past that stage and you're odds are vastly improved xxx
Reading that was so helpful for me! I'm worried about the first tri as we'll. I just want to have a healthy baby who's growing like they should be!

With my first pregnancy I had a private scan at 8 wks which showed a baby the right size with a strong heartbeat and I really relaxed after that. Well worth the £55!! I remember in the first weeks of that pregnancy I was so stressed I thought it would carry on for 9 months and id be a total loon, even considered professional help! But I loved most of my pregnancy with her xx

Thank you ladies,

Munchkin, that really helps thank you. I think I am stress that quite a few people know already and, as much as they are close friends/family, I do feel I've added a little pressure to myself to make this little seedling stick xx

Thank you ladies,

Munchkin, that really helps thank you. I think I am stress that quite a few people know already and, as much as they are close friends/family, I do feel I've added a little pressure to myself to make this little seedling stick xx

Positive thinking!!

I recommend refraining from googling too much. It set me off down all sorts of unpleasant paths and I started to worry about silly things.

What will be, will be. I know that's so much easier said than done and I'm still struggling with it but there really is nothing we can do. Know that you're not alone though. I think everyone wishes they could skip forwards.

Thank you ladies,

Don't worry at all about telling people. The first time most people knew by 8 weeks but we didn't tell many people with the second pregnancy which ended in mc at 12 weeks, but as soon as we found out about the mc we told all our family because we needed the support and didn't just want to ignore it! So if god forbid something does happen you might well want people to know anyway x

Thank you ladies,

Don't worry at all about telling people. The first time most people knew by 8 weeks but we didn't tell many people with the second pregnancy which ended in mc at 12 weeks, but as soon as we found out about the mc we told all our family because we needed the support and didn't just want to ignore it! So if god forbid something does happen you might well want people to know anyway x

I think that was my thinking too, we kept ttc quiet and that was so hard as everyone was on at us to 'just do it already!' I had nearly got to the point of declaring to one and all that we'd been through so much in TTC just to stop feeling like it was something I needed to hide. I think the same may be true of early pregnancy and 'god forbid, miscarriage. But I sincerely hope it never has to come to that xx

I understand completely ! Taking it a day at a time right now ... I've had one chemical and one MC so I am pretty anxious but trying to remember that the odds are in my favor. Going for third blood draw tomorrow ... Hoping it sticks :). It sucks to have zero control doesn't it ?

Really hoping it is sticky for you Petzy,
I'm not good with lack of control.. I guess that is a big part of the anxiety xx

Couldn't agree more. And thanks :)

It's crazy to think but the fetal heartbeat actually starts around 22 dpo! We can't hear it until later but it's growing and progressing at light speed! There's no cure for the first trimester worries I'm convinced but stay positive and concentrate on your little miracle growing inside you. H&h 9 months!

I can't seem to turn off my brain. I really need to stop googling! Everything I do or eat sets me into a panic. I'm hoping that my scan on Thursday will help me relax a little bit.

I haven't been able to relax in the least and I hope that I am able to soon!

I'm googling like mad too! Been feeling a weird pinchy pain on my left side and I'm scared it might be ectopic. Just can't relax and stop worrying!

It's hard I know. I'm just really trying to think positively and figure that whatever happens is out of my hands anyway, google is not good in early pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->