How To Routine 4 Under 3 Years

Anna1982

mummy of 4
Reaction score
Hiya

Im planning in advance here lol

my oldest is 2 and will be three in october (so still 2 when twins are born) hes in a routine, has one nap a day, and goes to bed at 8pm awake, sleeps through

my youngest is 1 and will be 2 in october (so still 1 when twins come) hes just about into a routine with two naps, and goes to bed asleep after his bottle at 8.30, sleeps through

now how do I make sure that all this doesnt go to pot when the twins come?

dh will have two weeks off work but then will return to shifts, which are earlys, lates and nights

im dreading nights, as its all on me, and if the twins wake the boys itll be a free for all lol
also howd you feed two hungry babies at the same time? are they generally hungry together lol

thanks anna
and yes I know 4 under 3 may send me insane lol

not a clue re how to stop them waking your boys hun as the boys are my only - in my experience though one tends to wake the other - you may find like mine one is a lot better at sleeping than the other - Fynn used to wake screaming and then I would feed him and as I finished Sam would wake so it worked quite well.

I wish you much love and luck sweetie xxx

I tandem feed! It saved my sanity and allowed me to not be feeding babies constantly!

Hi there. I only have few mins to post tonight, but just wanted to say - encourage them to feed and sleep at the same time hun. Establish that from the outset and it will make life much easier. My boys tended not wake each other, but then I let them cry so that the other would get used to the noise x

First, if theey're not already, get the two trained to bring you diapers and wipes when you need them...That's always such a big help here..Seems small, but it's not. Sounds like they're on a good schedule, just try to stick through it when they come...If dh can help get them down that would be great..Hopefully, by the time he goes back to work, the littles will be used to the babies being around and all will go well.Are you going to bf them? I had a pump, and one of the babies would take a bottle, but one wouldn't..Don would help feed one in the middle of the night sometimes when I really needed it. Then, he would snuggle with him and sleep. Most nights, they end up in bed with me and they dont wake at the same time, I just flip over, and feed them...and go back to sleep. Those first few weeks are so hard, not much sleep, so many diapers, and outfit changes, everything...Just keep plugging along, and sleep when you can, as you will need it! Just keep telling yourself that it does get easier..It's just rough at first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->