how to stop nausea at work

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
I feel so awful like the beginning of food poisoning or something.

I haven't actually been sick yet but always feel like I could at any second.

Also I have to walk quite a while to work. I'm so scared I'm gonna throw up in the street in front of all those cars!

When i get a wave of nausea it can last for 20mins & I feel dazed.

I've seen in another thread about ginger - I only like ginger biscuits not sure those would help?

Mints aren't a good idea for me (past bad experience)

Earlier I was watching TV someone was running & the thought made me feel so ill :(

Lovemybub- nice to see you over here - I remember you from WTT!

Not really got any advice but I think I may have the start of morning sickness. I nearly threw up in the car last night for no reason, and then I woke up this morning hungover. Well, I felt hungover and then remembered it was alcohol free wine which I ha been drinking! Haha!

:haha: I feel that way sometimes.

I remember you too, happy to see you over here with me :flower:

I've never felt like this, I've always been a lucky one with hardly any symptoms!

I'm glad in a way cause its a good sign that baby is ok but hoping it passes fast & for you too xx

I'm so glad we drive to work and I don't walk much while there, otherwise I'd be in the same boat! My nausea is partly triggered by too much activity and the one day I had to walk 2 blocks to get to work I was gagging as I walked, almost threw up on the sidewalk!

I've heard anything with ginger can help. I tried the ginger gravel before I was preggers with just normal car sicky and it worked well. I see ginger tea a lot on here as a good remedy, I'm thinking of trying go get cookies this week, myself. Get something in my belly and hope to lower the nausea - kill two birds with one stone!

I have to nibble on food all day at the moment to get me through. Otherwise I just feel so horribly sick. Anyhting seems to help as long as I'm eating! x

1) zofran...get some if you can
2) motion sickness bands - apply more pressure when it gets bad
3) breathing exercises - count to 5 as you breathe in through your nose and count to 5 as you breathe out through pursed lips. As you do this, start to imagine yourself in a cool, calming place. I have a guided imagery mp3 I bought on amazon that I use at night sometimes and I think about that during the day.
4) eat small frequent meals and sip water all day. I find that I do better if I eat something with a little fat and protein in it that I do with just fruit...seems to sit better.

Try some preggie pop drops its pretty much candy you can buy them on amazon but I think they have a locator on their website so you can find a place that sells them locally (they used to anyway). Once upon a child usually has some.

On another thread around here people were talking about eating carrots as they supposedly absorb excess estrogen. I can't say for sure if they do or not, but they have really been great at reducing my nausea.

Thankyou for all your replies, I will try those & see what works.

Except the ginger tea, j can't stand regular tea or coffee so I don't think that's for me.

Much appreciated ladies :) xx

You are just a few days ahead of me! How long were you ttc?

After posting this I have been hit with a few waves of ickyness, which is the closest I have ever got to morning sickness, here's hoping this one sticks!

We were trying for a couple of months when we got first bfp, lost at 8 weeks in April

Then we took a break & started trying again june/July.

We are very lucky it hasn't taken long. Fx'd we both get our rainbow baby's xx

Here's hoping - I am sorry for your loss. We weren't trying, we were quite lax about not trying though, and had been for about 6 months. I was actually surprised it took us so long as I fell pregnant twice using contraception, so thought we would fall really easily when being careless but no lol!

Its awful how our bodies work sometimes isn't it?
We were trying but were relaxed about it.

It will be lovely to have a April/may baby warmer weather & longer days to spend with baby, exciting!
Xx

Yes, plus not being pregnant when it is really warm! Only thing is, being pregnant for Christmas, new year, my birthday and my partners birthday! Small price to pay, an at least baby will be past the newborn stage by their first Christmas!

And we will be in second tri over Christmas so hopefully not feeling too terrible...

Hey,

I bought the stem ginger chunks out of holland and barrett when I felt quezy with DD and it was brilliant took the waves of nausea away almost right away. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->