how to stop nursing to sleep?

flosie

Reaction score
My dd is 16 months and I nurse her to sleep for naps and at night, she also wakes anywhere from 3-6 times a night to feed. I need tips on how to gently change this as we have been ttc and I think that all the night feeds may be interfering with this.
I have changed her morning feed to a cup of cows milk and have just introduced a cup of milk before bed but she still relies on me to feed to sleep

What if your oh has her? I find that with me lo refuses to sleep without the breast but it takes oh the same length of time or less to get him to sleep with just a cuddle in a rocking chair. Since his dad has done this more and more lo seems to feed then come off, snuggle in and go to sleep whereas a few weeks ago I would have to take him off the breast once he was asleep.

We're going to give that a go when my oh has holiday as with his job he's not able to help with nights unfortunately. She settles for him eventually in tge day for him when he's had her but ideally i'd like to start a slow transition now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->