How to watch my diet during pregnancy?Plz help

Melisa1985

Reaction score
So last 3 and half weeks I gained 7 pounds, way too much, that even my doctor said I gained a lot these 3 weeks and need to watch my diet a little. Here is the problem, I barely eat sweets since I try to watch my diet by staying away from junk food.

How are you ladies eating healthy? what do you eat throughout the day to keep your diet healthy and weight gain in check? ( 3 weeks ago I had an episode of almost fainting and feeling extremely dizzy & I felt like it was due to not eating as often because I was watching my diet, and since the dizzy episode, i stopped watching my diet and starting eating more often so I don't feeling like fainting). Now I'm scared if I'm back to watching what I eat and not eating often, I'll feel like fainting again. How do I do this the right way?

I'm totally freaking out, I'm up 30 pounds already & have 8 more weeks to go : (

In the UK unless a woman is really obese to start with they don't monitor weight because a lot of it is baby and it could lead to women obsessing and starving their baby of nutrients. In all my pregnancies I have gained weight in what they call 'fits and starts'. With my second eldest I didn't gain much at all for most of the pregnancy but by the end I was 42lb up from my pre-pregnancy weight. With this baby I didn't gain anything until I was about 15 weeks, gained 10lb in 4 weeks and haven't gained anything now for 13 weeks though my uterus is clearly growing and baby was on the 95th centile on my 20 week scan and I am measuring a couple of weeks ahead by fundal height. I wouldn't obsess too much, while there may be reasons for your doctor being concerned if you restrict your food intake too much it can make you and baby more prone to infection and increase the possibility your baby is born growth restricted or with nutrient deficiencies :( xx

I'm 40+3 and I've gained 46 lbs... My dr isn't concerned... It's all in my belly and hips... He said not to worry about my weight as most of it will come straight off... I've eaten the same as I did pre pregnancy... Mostly healthy foods and occasional junk foods, still exercise by walking and I'm huge! Eat when your hungry, worry about the weight after baby arrives :)

I had some bad weeks but these last few weeks I feel like I got it under control. I eat mostly what I want for a day and then I have a super healthy day. Here's what I ate today:

Oatmeal with banana
handful of almonds
half a cucumber
ham/cheese/lettuce sandwich on whole wheat
cottage cheese
pineapple
Salmon with red lentils and brocholli
A cookie

I feel like I can handle eating low calories when it's every other day but I try not to overdo it on my less healthy day. Also as far as our grocery budget dh and I agreed that when it comes to fruit and veggies we don't care about the price that way I always have some special fruit to tempt me before I reach for the junk food...
All to say I still wouldn't stress the weight gain too much. I'm up 16 lbs and even watching what I eat, I still gain a lb every week. Just part of growing babies!
whst I

drink water... thats the first thing... i have drank 2l per day since falling pregnant and didnt gain anything the wole way until a few weeks back i accidentally stopped for a week since changing work places and bam.... all of a sudden i put on over a kilo in one week!!!! since then i have put on another 2kg which is 3kg in total the whole pregnancy,....

other then the water my tip for any person trying to "watch their weight" is DONT lol... eat healthy and thats all u need to do...

My daily diet goes like this:

Porridge 75g with skimmed milk and berries 100g
Apple and 25g almonds
Chicken salad
5 oat cakes and peanut butter
Roast turkey, sweet potato mash and veg
Natural yogurt

If I'm hungry on top of that then snacks for me are: green tea, fruit, cashew or almonds, skimmed milk. And I have a treat a few times a week, in the form of a piece of cake (carrot cake from Costa, omg!) or a hot chocolate ( again from costa!) or something like that.

I've had to be very rigid with my meals as I have an eating disorder, so to have most of my meals planned and ready helps me mentally. I've also gained a healthy amount of weight of 27lbs so far in my pregnancy :-D

Try to plan what you want to eat and stick to it. I've always been a low to no carbs girl, and I ESP don't eat bread or pasta :-/ and I do not drink soda in anyway!

I also drink at least 2lt of water every day, that's on top of any cups of tea or other drinks I have. I don't have stretch marks yet either, so I accredit the water to that!

Thank you ladies...trying my best and hoping for the best.
Thank you for all your helpful advice. I'm hoping cutting out sweets and junk food, and lowering my carb intake should help some what. Fingers crossed. i'm a picky eater as it is, so it's hard to eat healthy, when I just don't like many things.

As opposed to focusing on lowering carbs, try focusing on upping your protein. I shoot for a high amount of protein every day, and find that if I eat protein first then there isn't nearly as much room in there for a bunch of carbs. I also make sure I'm eating fruit and vegetables with every meal. Fruit with breakfast, then try to get one to two vegetables with lunch and dinner.

I eat something sweet every day, usually ice cream at home at night. But I try to keep it to 1/2 cup serving, which is about 150 calories.

Just focus on eating protein and veggies first... it will really help keep you from the dizziness of blood sugar spikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->