HOW/WHAT were you doing when your waters broke???

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

sorry for the randomness of this post BUT how did your waters break???

my MW told me today that she reckons baby will be here IF i can find a safe way to get my waters to break. she did also say that "OH" and/or a finger probably wouldnt work.

so i am after advice/hints etc as to what you were doing when they broke!

You wont want to hear it, but both times I've had my legs in stirrups, been in the throws of full blown labour and had them broken artificially.

yep thats how i was with eldest and they went during labour with youngest few mins b4 he arrived BUT i think they have gone when i got up from sofa!

I was eating scrambled eggs on toast in bed. But they were only my hindwaters. Forewaters (in front of baby's head) were broken manually the next day when I was about 7cm dilated (after pessary induction which doc had ordered the night before because my waters had broken yet I was not making fast progress).

i was asleep in bed and .........POP!!! waters everywhere!!

With first i was cleaning the kitchen.
Second they were broke for me at hosp.

Mine didn't break. Harvey was born still in them.

I was walking back to bed after my 2am pee! :rofl: and i screamed! totaly freaked out haha i was 40+5 dunno why it was such a shock! they didnt really gush, well there was a slight gush i mean i knew what it was but it wasnt like a bucket of water beeing poured out like you see on telly! i was one gush followed by a few more up untill i got to the hospital and was soaking wet and had nothing left to come out! haha

With first...I was in the hospital...with second....I was tussin and turnin in bed...trying to go back to sleep...praying that day wont be THE DAY because I was soooo tired lol

with my 1st dd they broke while i was asleep in bed was wet alittle at around 5am but just assumed id had an accident then at around 8am i was woken to gushing water! with my 2nd dd they brook them at the hospital and with my 3rd dd i was sitting on the coach at 10pm at night and i felt a sharp poke and as i moved i felt a gush then ran to the toilet and sat there for 10mins while the rest poured out lol...

I got out of bed for a wee, went for a wee,

stood on the landing telling dh I didnt feel right and gush waters went lol, not expected and no pains lol

With 3 out of 4 they were broken artificially in the hospital. The one that broke on it's own happened while i was sleeping. i woke up to the pop and leaped out of bed before anything got soaked.

I didn't enjoy the feeling though--it was so gross to have gushes periodically. I kept gushing and gushing until I couldn't imagine where all that water was coming from to replenish it so fast. In the hospital we constantly had to keep changing the pad they put under me--I was perpetually wet. I definitely prefer it breaking at the end of labor.

I've never ever heard of a midwife recommending someone find a way to break waters- sorry but that sounds like madness to me. :nope:

My first and third were 10 mins from birthing my boys while climbing on the bed, on the second pregnancy I woke in a pool while sleeping.

I've never ever heard of a midwife recommending someone find a way to break waters- sorry but that sounds like madness to me. :nope:

I've also heard it can be dangerous to break the waters if the baby is still up high as the cord can come down first. Serious situation that is usually resolved with a c-section. I'd leave my waters alone until the end and the baby's head is really low about to be birthed.

Mine were broken in hospital manually when I was about 7cm because I had been stuck at 7cm for a while.

I really dont recommend trying to break your waters.. Im not sure why that was advised! x

well i didnt need to find a way to break them, they went of own accord when i got up from sofa.

MW wasnt implying that i went and shoved a knittng needle up etc, i have been in slow/ear;y labour for 9days and she said about how low he was etc and IF i could find a way to get them to go then he would be here! i know some ppl have said walking etc got them to go but that didnt wor for me!

mine where leaking slowly for 2 days before I realised.!!

So went to hospital on my due date and they examined me and finished the job off so to speak.

I expected a big gush of water so I didn't expect that.

So now I am paranoid now as I don't know what to expect this time round... I don't want to keep panicking everytime i get a bit of extra leakage thinking its my waters :blush:

I was lying in bed watching 'Friends' on DVD xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"