How will I last?

april24april

Pregnant!
Reaction score
I'm sooooo tired. I'm a teacher in a secondary school, and I don't go on maternity leave for another 7 weeks - I'm dragging myself around and it's so tiring. I just don't know how i'm going to make it through another 7 weeks. I can't afford to finish any earlier

Sorry for the rant :-(

x

I'm with you. I work 10 hour days with an additional hour of driving. I'm completely exhausted by the time I get home. I'd love to be able to take maternity leave early, but, like you, can't afford to take any extra time off. I don't have any solutions for you, but I am sorry you aren't able to stay home and rest. :hugs:

How much time do you get off after baby is here?

OMG, i feel the same way. I've been having horrible back pains for a couple months now and I cant do anything about it. I still have about 4 more weeks left before I go on maternity leave, but I just want to throw in the towel now.

I hope you start feeling better. Good Luck!

I'm with you. I work 10 hour days with an additional hour of driving. I'm completely exhausted by the time I get home. I'd love to be able to take maternity leave early, but, like you, can't afford to take any extra time off. I don't have any solutions for you, but I am sorry you aren't able to stay home and rest. :hugs:

How much time do you get off after baby is here?

I am only staying off until mid-July as I can't afford to lose my holiday pay for the summer :-(

April, I completely understand. I'm a secondary teacher too. I'm finishing 2 weeks after Feb halfterm, so still 5 weeks to go. Eurgh! My back is in agony most nights. Loads of friends have said 'why don't you sit down whilst you teach' but they just don't understand that you just can't! I sit with a hotwater bottle on my back on an evening to try & ease it. Luckily I've not got any swelling yet so that's one bonus. I'm coming home when school ends as quickly as I can & having an hours nap! It's the only way I can get through the day! Getting around school is becoming an issue too. I don't teach in the same room for all my lessons & our school building is old so the stairs are a nightmare - so crowded & worry about getting rammed! Luckily after halfterm my workload will lighten loads for the last couple of weeks as my replacement is starting & taking over my form & majority of my lessons. Can't wait! Thankfully I'm having 39 weeks off so not back til the week before Xmas hols. x

Im a secondary teacher too - stupidly I thought I would be able to work until 39 weeks but its getting more and more apparent that that won't be happening. I am trying to sit down more that I used to but I'm a science teacher so its really not practical. I can't survive the evening without an hour long nap! My replacement starts after half term too - so if I can make it until then I'll be 35 weeks, if I come back for one day after I'll be 36 weeks which is not a bad time to start ML. I'll just be really annoyed if the baby is late! I'm hoping to take off until just before Christmas too (and come back so I get paid over the hols!).

April, I completely understand. I'm a secondary teacher too. I'm finishing 2 weeks after Feb halfterm, so still 5 weeks to go. Eurgh! My back is in agony most nights. Loads of friends have said 'why don't you sit down whilst you teach' but they just don't understand that you just can't! I sit with a hotwater bottle on my back on an evening to try & ease it. Luckily I've not got any swelling yet so that's one bonus. I'm coming home when school ends as quickly as I can & having an hours nap! It's the only way I can get through the day! Getting around school is becoming an issue too. I don't teach in the same room for all my lessons & our school building is old so the stairs are a nightmare - so crowded & worry about getting rammed! Luckily after halfterm my workload will lighten loads for the last couple of weeks as my replacement is starting & taking over my form & majority of my lessons. Can't wait! Thankfully I'm having 39 weeks off so not back til the week before Xmas hols. x

Wow! 39 weeks off! You're so lucky. I'd do exactly the same if I could. My replacement won't be starting until I leave either so I won't have an easier time for the 3 weeks after half term.

I'm going to stop whingeing now though (maybe)....,

Its not whinging! Its completely understandable. Make sure you don't do anything extra than you need to. Im a HOD so I've been delegating everything I possible can!

Its not whinging! Its completely understandable. Make sure you don't do anything extra than you need to. Im a HOD so I've been delegating everything I possible can!

I'm a HOD too. The only problem is that the other member of my department doesn't really help me out much - even when I delegate he doesn't do what I ask!
X

Littlemissy, obviously naps are the way to go!

I'm finishing just before 36 weeks (my first day off will be 35w6days) cos I just couldn't contemplate working right up to the birth although know a few colleagues have done. I want a few weeks with my feet up as I'll never be alone again!

I'm due early in the first week of Easter hols & DH is a teacher too so we're really hoping bubs comes roughly on time so he can take his paternity after Easter & we'll have a long time all together.

I'm a HOD too but luckily my team of lovely ladies are fab & all telling me to do less. Even better, 2 of them are sharing my responsibility whilst I'm off so I know the dept will be in safe hands whilst I'm away which is a huge weight off my mind. Would hate to go back to a mess!

April, don't feel you're whinging! We know how you feel! I'd really love to be a stay at home mum but we can't afford it. So 39 weeks mat leave was a compromise! Hoping school will let me do 3 days a week from Jan 2012. But we'll see! xxx

i know how ur feeling im not a teacher but a nurse im going on mat leave on march 20th and im literally counting down the days!
Im lucky i have a good job who support me
fully and im not actually working on the floor so am doing admin type task but im just sooo tired all the time!
Im going bk in october as i cant afford to go onto stat mat leave so i know exactly where ur comin from

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->