How Would YOU Describe Baby Movements?

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
When people who've never been pregnant before ask me what it feels like when the baby moves, I try to give a rough idea but it's like trying to describe something you can't really get completely accurate at times.

Just for fun, how do you describe the feeling when people ask?

Me, in the first stages, it feels like a little flutter, butterflies.
As things progress, it feels like you've got a fart brewing
As things get a little further, it feels like you're being nudged or poked from the inside
Sometimes, it feels a bit like churning when the baby is turning over
Sometimes, you feel like you've been kicked really hard between the legs

They are my definitions :D

Sounds right to me. I usually tell people it starts like a flutter or quiver. The best descritpion is `like you have a fart brewing``. That`s so accurate!

I think ultimately it is indescribable and has to be experience, but I pretty much describe as you do, but will now add the fart brewing descritpion as well! :thumbup::happydance:

first stages: bubbles popping- similar to gas- sometimes cannot distinguish haha
Much later: depending on what baby is doing it can feel like someone is tapping me from the inside, that there is something literally moving inside from one side to the other making me feel queasy, muscle like spasms and really strong fluttery and somersault sensations

it's so hard to describe!!

Early movement I describe as muscle spasms or like someone is tapping on your stomach from the inside. later movements are harder for me to describe other than something moving inside of you lol

I always say butterflies in the beginning but I think muscle spasm is a more accurate description after reading the other replies. And as for further along, I always tell people it literally feels like I'm being kicked but on my insides. :haha: it's the only way I can say it because every elbow or kick or punch feels like just that to me once they get bigger.

This is my first, so I really only have my earliest impressions.

Previously, it felt a little bit like bubbles but also not really. I could, I think, tell the difference between gas bubbles and baby movements, but I was mostly going by whether I farted shortly afterwards. :haha: If baby poked me particularly hard I would feel something, faintly, that I figured in my imagination was a baby kick.

I'd say at this stage it feels like a muscle twitch. It feels a bit like the sensation you get when you have an involuntary motion like that. I notice the movements a lot more in just the past couple days than I would have before. And last night I felt something that felt a bit like a trapped butterfly.

I'm not looking forward to hard kicks.

I describe it as a fish in a bag haha. Like if you've ever brought one home from the pet store. Then when it gets bigger it's like a trout haha

It does feel like a fish flopping around in the middle stages! And I definitely get the early on fish in a bag reference, I never thought about that. I always say it feels like tapping from the inside in the beginning, later on it's like a fish flopping or rolling around, and I think the weirdest sensation is toward the end when baby drags a knee or elbow right across the wall of the uterus, then leaves it in an awkward place and you just cant wait for them to move it because it's soo uncomfortable and nauseating!

It does feel like a fish flopping around in the middle stages! And I definitely get the early on fish in a bag reference, I never thought about that. I always say it feels like tapping from the inside in the beginning, later on it's like a fish flopping or rolling around, and I think the weirdest sensation is toward the end when baby drags a knee or elbow right across the wall of the uterus, then leaves it in an awkward place and you just cant wait for them to move it because it's soo uncomfortable and nauseating!

Isn't that s surreal feeling? I remember when my daughters heel slid across the bottom of my uterus. I just stopped everything and stared. The person that I was talking to got very worried!! Haha

Hahaha, my husband always thought it was great with ds2 when he'd karate kick my cervix and I'd stop dead in my tracks and squeeze my knees together with my eyes all big and wide. They give you some wild feelings in there!! I suppose with all of my hormonal crazies at least he can get a laugh in at my expense!

Little Miss must have changed position because where I was feeling a lot of movement low down, I'm feeling movement on my left side now. At least my bladder is getting a break lol

I can't wait to feel something conclusive! I think I might be feeling something but it feels more like a scratching sensation. It comes and goes through the day but it isn't like anything I've ever felt before! But I thought maybe it was just my muscles stretching as it doesn't really feel like fluttering that everyone describes!

I'm at the fish in a bag stage! It's a very strange feeling at first! As baby gets bigger, I much prefer the full, stronger movements!

In the beginning it felt like a muscle spasm for me. Now it definitely feels like a tiny leprechaun is river dancing on my cervix. Baby likes to be breach and to kick low, which is unpleasant and feels SO WEIRD.

I think I'm probably in the minority of moms that, while I'm glad she's doing okay in there, feeling her move weirds me out hardcore.

In the beginning it felt like a muscle spasm for me. Now it definitely feels like a tiny leprechaun is river dancing on my cervix. Baby likes to be breach and to kick low, which is unpleasant and feels SO WEIRD.

I think I'm probably in the minority of moms that, while I'm glad she's doing okay in there, feeling her move weirds me out hardcore.

Haha:haha: I love your description, it weirds me out sometimes too. My little man stretches a LOT and it feels like my side is going to split open sometimes. He's been upside down for most of the pregnancy (he likes having his little butt in the air) and I have an anterior placenta so i only really feel movements on the sides most of the time, the occasional around my belly button area. Mostly feels like a pushing feeling or a hard stroke.

My first movements with DS I remember describing as a muscle twitch on the inside your belly. Like when your eye twitches uncontrollably. It took me a few days to figure out it was baby because I was waiting to feel 'flutters or bubbles' but it didn't feel like that to me.

As it progresses it's just like nudges from the inside that eventually get stronger. I had an anterior placenta so most of mine was felt up the top and when I laid down I could feel him roll or stretch I'm guessing because of gravity from laying straight. I loved it and can't wait to feel this one. I hope it's earlier than 17 weeks this time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->