how would you feel about...

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
A due date on your wedding anniversary? Or very close to?

If we carry on ttc this month (we may have to take a break for a couple of months due to other reasons) then the due date would work out on our Anniversary!

Obviously I'd be happy just getting a bfp but I can't help wondering how I feel about this? My ds came 1 day before his due date, but I know babies can arrive anytime.

Would it be special to you?

Or would it be strange further down the line say if you wanted a romantic break with dh but couldn't because of a birthday?

I'm kind of weird and like special birthdays/anniversaries spaced out a bit across the year so it gets full attention.

I'm just thinking maybe I'm overthinking it all!!

Interested in how you'd all feel about it!

We are purposely not ttc until September because we don't want a May baby...so I guess I'm all for spacing it out. Our daughter and 4 of her cousins all have birthdays in May already.

We are purposely not ttc until September because we don't want a May baby...so I guess I'm all for spacing it out. Our daughter and 4 of her cousins all have birthdays in May already.

Thanks! Yeh ds cousin also has a birthday 3 days before our wedding anniversary...

It's just so hard waiting! I really wanted a March baby but it didn't happen. I know that's a crazy thing to say but we conceived first cycle with ds so it was a possibility!

I would thank the stars to be pregnant any time, but also would rather not have another june/July baby, it's just about planning your family however you feel comfortable :) there's no shame in wanting special time with hubby every once in a while!

Mummafrog can I ask why not a june/July baby? Is it just because it would be too close to your dd?

It's possible if we manage to get pregnant before November time that the next one will be June or July. How did you find being pregnant in the summer? A summer birthday is worrying me, the heat when pregnant, being the youngest in the school year (I was August and hated it) I would not ttc the month that looked like Aug would be a due date!

I really wish I wasn't getting wrapped up in the details :( everything just lined up and felt so 'right' with ds, and I'm worried it's just not feeling like the stars have aligned second time ttc :( it's probably the last time I'll do it so it's feels weird wanting everything to be right. I sound like a major control freak!! Ha ha!!

I totally get it! We'd really like to avoid our anniversary. Especially since the day before our anniversary next year bil is getting married.

Oh no it's just we have a load of birthdays around that time! It was a bit hot being heavily pregnant/giving birth but not you know enough to avoid it (and I hate being hot haha). My little girly didn't like the heat of summer very much and was not happy in more than either just a nappy or one thin layer and would sometimes get quite sweaty and uncomfortable but it was lovely being able to take her outside for the afternoon and stuff, feeding in the shade in the park are such nice memories. I think there are pros and cons to any season hehe. Maybe you're just feeling a bit sad that it's the last time? And don't want to regret certain things so you're over thinking? But I don't think you should feel bad for planning your family :) we can only plan so much though.. nature has a plan all its own hehe x

We were happy to take what we got however from a 1st December due date we now have a hectic birthday on the 15th, anniversary on the 20th and Xmas. It will be pricey but I wouldn't change it for the world. I do understand trying to avoid busy times tho. X

My daughter was born on our first year wedding anniversary (15 days late!). To be honest it really does make our anniversary non-existent and we forget every year because we are so busy concentrating on our daughter's birthday. I do sometimes wish we had a separate date just to make it a bit more special xxx

After 15 months ttc I would take a baby at any time of the year! It just matters on your preference and it seems that having your anniversary to you and your husband is important.

my son was due on October 19th, it was a Friday. I went to the doctor to be checked that day and he said he wasn't going to be coming that day and probably not that weekend either. He offered to induce me on the Monday, the 22nd. That was the anniversary of my grandma's death and I asked him to induce me on the Tuesday instead. He agree. I tried EVERYTHING that weekend to get myself to go into labour and he wasn't coming. All weekend everyone said that my grandma would make him come on the 22nd. I don't really believe in any god or religion but sure enough, I went into labour at about 1am on the 22nd. He was born that morning at 10:57am. So I guess maybe she was around.

Due dates aren't set in stone and those little brats come when they feel like it lol. Their birthdays can take away from anniversaries, I guess but they can also make very sad days happy again.

We are TTC#2 right now and we did wait a little bit before actively trying to get pregnant. We didn't want another fall/winter baby.
I would just keep trying you never know when you will conceive, or when the baby will come for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->