How would you figure it?

hollyw79

Reaction score
After your m/c- did you assume cd1 as the day you started miscarrying with bleeding or date of d&c or cd1 as the day you first stopped bleeding or what??? I started bleeding about 15 days ago.. d&c 10 days ago- and yesterday was 1st day of no bleeding or spotting....

I have the same question. I hope I can count cd1 as the day of loss (meaning I can start TTC again sooner)... it might just be wishful thinking, but that's what is on my calendar :(

Yeah I am not sure at all- tried googling it with no success... maybe bc I am not supposed to consider this a "cycle" ...

I had a natural MC but i classed the day i passed my baby angel as CD1 as that is the day i started with the heavy bleeding

I was wondering this too...

I think I'll be counting the day I had the ERPC as CD1. That means I'm now on CD6. I'm going to wait until at least CD10 before DTD, maybe longer.

Does that make sense?

I'm desperate to start TTC again but I don't want to risk infection.

Hmmm I have no idea either. I had a medical management on Jan 28th, I did have retained tissue though...although I was being well looked after and chose to let nature take its course which it has done and today is my first day of no bleeding. I have been told medically there is no reason why we can't ttc as soon as we want to...I guess this cycle we'll just see what happens.

I was told that if you have the surgery then cd1 is the day of the surgery. I dont know exactly if you miscarry naturally.

did some googling and this is what I found

the day you found out about the loss is not a benchmark, nor is the day you began bleeding. The actual hormone change begins to take place either during the D&C or when the placenta pulls away from the uterus during the natural miscarriage, which is usually when the cramps and bleeding are at their worst. That is Day 1 of the recovery but not Day 1 of a new cycle

The most common recovery goes like this:

Your bleeding will taper off to spotting within a week, and maybe random spotting will continue for another week. Your hCG drops steadily, usually hitting zero during the end of the spotting, or about 10 days after the miscarriage or D&C. When the spotting ends, you will get strange symptoms. If you use a fertility monitor, it may say you are ovulating, but you are not. You may see lots of cervical mucus coming out, sometimes still brown or yellow, but it is not a fertility sign either. In fact, most of the time, you will not ovulate in this cycle. You should not be trying to get pregnant, either. For why, visit the trying again section.

Some women find they have mild pregnancy symptoms, or little ovulation cramps. Many many women think they could be pregnant, because strange things are happening and their period is "late" (although almost every post-miscarriage period is late.) These symptoms are due to the body's attempts to regulate its hormones again. It may kick into gear right away, and you will get a new period in four to five weeks, or it may struggle a bit, and the period will not come for seven weeks. If you chart your temperatures, they will be all over the place. This is all perfectly normal and expected. Eventually your period arrives and can be either light or heavy. There is no "normal" right now.

Hope this helps

I conceived about 26 days after my son was born so would say for me CD1 was when bleeding stopped altho ive always understood day 1 of MC should be classed as CD1 iykwim?

Its all very confusing :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->