How would you pronounce Mila?

Dantes Mom

Reaction score
Couldn't decide between Francesca and sienna but didn't love either then Mila popped up.

How would you pronounce and does it go with my boys Dante and roman
?
Thanks xx

My - Lah

I love the name and think its goes beautifully with Dante and Roman

xx

Some pronounce it Me-la some pronounce it My-la, like Mila Kunis pronounces her name like Me-la. I think if you want it pronounced Me-la spell it Meela and if you want it pronounced like My-la spell it Myla. :flower:

My-la. Goes great with the boys names IMO!

When I first read it I would pronounce it as Me-luh, but I've seen it pronounced My-luh as well. Both are pretty!

I would pronounce me-lah. I like both pronunciations, but I agree on the myla vs meela.

I would pronounce it me- luh. It's a lovely name but it does get pronounced incorrectly all the time. I teach 3 different milas at my school and they're all pronounced Me- luh and always get called my- luh. If that doesn't bother u tho its gorgeous :0)

pp suggested Meela to avoid confusion... I don't really like phonetic renderings of names but what about Miela? Miel is French for honey which is quite a nice association!

Coming from a teaching point of view we have so many Mila, Maya, Keila, Kia, Eisha, Leila etc that are hard to know how to pronounce, and I think it is a shame for them if their name is read out wrong in front of their friends. I also have a name that has about a million spellings and it used to bother me when people spelled it wrong on Christmas cards and things. Especially as my brother was Ben and never had those problems!

I would say me-lah I like it and goes with the boys names <3

Me-luh.

And I think, it's beautiful and goes great with the boys names. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->