How would you sort this?

lau86

Reaction score
My son has outgrown his scooter, my daughter needs a scooter. I was going to give my daughter my sons old one and get him a new one as his is in good condition. I like to spend the same on them money wise- the scooter cost £97 and then I spent £20 on some tassels and a basket for my daughter. How should I divide this in terms of budget?
I should probably just get my daughter a new scooter but I can't really justify it as she won't mind and it seems pointless!!

Don't spend if you don't need to. Spray it a different colour and personalise it to make more special for her, but make sure you use vinyl stickers if you decide to use them. If the money is really breaking you, buy her some extra presents to make up for the price difference :)

I wouldn’t worry about a budget, could you see your budget as a maximum limit and if you spend less then that’s even better?

I should not worry, kids have no idea how much things cost just think you have saved yourself some money!

i wouldnt worry id just decorate he scooter and give it your daughter there all still young and don't understand the cost of thing. if it was really a big thing could you put it in savings or use it to take her on a trip somewhere?

I wouldn't worry about it. But if you think about it this way you might not feel so guilty.
If you were to sell it or buy 2nd hand how much do you think it would be worth £50??? (one careful owner) and you've spent £20 to girliefy it so really your giving your daughter a £70 scooter not just the £20. 😉

I wouldn't worry about it either :flower:

I don't really have a budget. I just buy things I think the kids will enjoy and try to keep the present number somewhat close.

I would probably just divide the total for the scooter and accessories in two and put down that much as having come from their budget, like if you spent 120, then say 60 from each budget. I've bought my boys a goal and have just divided the cost between them that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->