How would you word this politely?

DCS

Reaction score
Because im awfull and it would come out " since you moved in, noone in my house has slept a full night. So shut the f*uck up unless you want to deal with an angry pregnant lady everynight"

Next door moved in last year, the housr had been empty since 2011 due to work they were having done. They are so loud, i actually thought there were children in my garden the other night, then i realised it was their telly in their kitchen.
I can hear their tv above mine, can hear them talking over my telly, somone vacumes at like 11pm, sounds like a lawn mower. Sounds like a herd of elephants, the way they go up the stairs. I can hear someone now, banging around. Its quaterpast midnight. Every night they wake my LO up, even the white noise doesnt drown out their noise.....

So what you say? Its an old couple and their daughter who is about 26ish. Well the couple are maybe in their 50s. They are quite nice so i do t want to be rude which is why im asking.

Can i ask them to maybe keep the noise down just in the room which shares a wall with LO? I can live with the rest of the noise. And how?

I would just ask them if they could maybe be a bit quieter as they're waking your LO up. I think you're being completely reasonable as its not fair that they're causing so much noise. Maybe they don't realise how noisy they're being xx

I'd end of saying something along the lines of "I'm really sorry to bug you, I don't want to cause any tension between us, but my little boy is struggling to sleep with the noise in his room because the walls are so thin, so I was just wondering if you could keep the noise down in [insert room] after 7 o'clock?".

Thanks. I asked OH and he said " i dunno." He hates talking to people Nd upsetting them. Whereas im the one whos words come out before my brain can stop them.

I like to think we are very quiet. Mostly so we dont wake LO. Even our dogs quiet. We all got so used to living next door to an empty house everytime i hear someone switch the lights on nextdoor i wonder why my lights havnt gone on/ off.

I shall edit it for you.

Dear new neighbors.
since you moved in, noone in my house has slept a full night. So shut the f*uck up please unless you want to deal with an angry pregnant lady every night. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely.
Angry pregnant lady.

I'd be inclined not to say to be quiet in just the room that joins your LO's, I don't see why you should have to put up with noise elsewhere in your house :shrug: I think to start with pop round rather than do a note, it's more friendly, maybe tell a little white lie claiming your LO has been ill through the night so you are apologising for any noise, then move onto how the walls are really thin and you can hear everything, laugh it off, if they don't get the hint do the angry pregnant lady note. We had noisy neighbours joined on once, was horrendous, he was ok she was loud so we used to deal with him, he bought her some wireless headphones to watch the tv :haha:

If you feel awkward asking them outright, maybe drop a few hints when you're chatting. For example 'have you noticed how thin our walls are? I hope we don't disturb you' or 'was everything ok yesterday, I heard shouting.'

Actually, iv just realised i havnt seen their daughter in a fee weeks. And havnt seen her car either. That could make it all a little more complicated. As the couple dont speak much english and my indian is awfull.
Might send OH out just as the guys leaving for work so OH can say something.

We had noisy neighbours and the nice approach didn't work. They were VERY rude to us :( but you could try asking them. Failing that try the council for a record sheet to keep note and then try environmental health. My neighbours are quiet now to the point I worry we make too much noise! But this sounds dramatic but my neighbours were making our lives a misery (I'm not even pregnant!) I know contacting EH sounds extreme but I know how bad noisy neighbours can be. Hope you sort it. I defo recommend keeping your own record of the noise and time for now though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->