How your midwife responded to you.

if you still need more i'd be happy to help =]

i saw in total about 10 midwives before i gave birth ...
no joke and i couldn't tell you their names i only saw one of them more than once and she kept referring me to the hospital who confirmed nothing was wrong ... to be fair all she did was worry me and i felt the whole time she was judging me for being a young and i hated it. one of them i wrote a letter of complaint about because she called me a liar and implied i was a thief! long story but she didn't believe me when i told her i drank and ate she called me a liar and told me i didn't know what i was talking about and that i was attention seeking because i went to the hospital even though the mw booked the appointment ... so i complained to the hospital because she made me feel the size of ant when i was heavilly pregnant!!

when giving birth however they were all fantastic! i literally kept appologizing and thanking them when i was labour ... i couldn't have had a better lot looking after me and i was there 26 hours so i went through a couple of shift changes and with all the problems i still felt in safe hands even though a couple of the mistake were their fault i still came out of it with a smile on my face!

the ladies that come out after she was born they were all fine, nice and helpful even if most of them turned up late! and my hv's a saint!

hope it helps

:hugs:

xx​

Hi, do you still need people for this? I will help if you still do :) x

yeh i will, i didnt even have a midwife to myself, there was different ones swapping and changing every few hours which i was very uncomfortable about, as i was getting used to one then another one would come in and take over, i never really had anyone to discuss my worries and feelings with, and on top of this when i was screaming in labour him and a midwife were argueing because they wouldnt let him in the ambulance to transfer me to another hospital as i needed a c section, they said either he went in the ambulance and not my night bag, or the nightbag went in and not my husband, so there was hell on lol.

well i will try to keep it breif. Midwifes great thro prenatal care and during labour with my 1st. A student midwife discharged me and my daughter from maternity ward when my daughter was 8 hrs hours. We were rushed back in the NICU (baby intensive care unit) as my daughter was very very ill with an infection which wasn't pick up when in maternity unit. We were there for a week!
Since my daughter I have had 4 m/c's each time I have been to dr / midwife to confirm it. After I miscarried each baby :( no one called to check or arranged a scan to check if the miscarriage was complete. So great during pregnancy when it all was ok, but when things go wrong they leave you to it.
Hope this helps with ur research. PS It seems in the labour ward they were VERY under staffed xx

I'll do it too if you want hun...

I've had the same midwife since the beginning. She is the loveliest woman in the world - couldn't ask for a nicer MW really.

I've only once had to see a different MW and that was when Chris (my MW) was on holidays.

My MW is just soooo friendly, helpful and nice - she never gave me a hard time once even though I am overweight and was from beginning of pregnancy, she did refer me to a dietician but was so nice about it never made me feel embarrassed. She always listens to me (even though I don't have much to ask or complain about lol I'm having a brilliant pregnancy so far no problems whatsoever)

She's even sat me down told me what I'm entitled to and made sure I sent in my forms for Health in Preg grant etc - feels like nothing is too much trouble. My OH comes with me to all my appointments and he thinks she's great too - she knows his name and we always have a bit of a chat and some craic with her.

Overall couldn't ask for a better MW and in fact if I was going to have more kids i'd ask for her ONLY as MW and would even travel far if needs be, she is that good!!

Hope this helps hun xxx

do you need any more of these?

hi dunno if you still need it but here is mine anyway!

saw a great midwife at first and then about half way through pregnancy she went back to the hosp cos she was on a community seccondment (sp?) or something. i wasn't totally sure about the next one at first appointment but when i got to know her she was great (think she might have been having an off day the first time i met her!) then i was supposed to transfer to my first midwifes replacement and saw her once but she was very young and tbh i just didn't have much trust in her (not her age she just came accross quite inexperienced) when i had to make an extra appointemt after being in hosp i saw the other midwife who said she would see me from now on if i wanted. she also ran our antenatal classes at the hospital which was great. and she was fantastic when she came to visit after baby was born, couldn't have been better, really praised how we were coping and looking after lo, and was always at the end of the phone if we needed her

in the hospital the midwife was great, when i arrived i was 7.5cm dilated and she didn't leave the room untill 2 hours later when baby was here, then she went off on her hols! didn't think much of the staff once i was on the ward they seemed to have very little time and didn't really want to know, i think cos we hadn't had any major probs like the others of the ward but a bit of support would have been nice! espeically as i was left on my own in ward less then 3 hours after baby was born due to time of night. only thing they did really was tell me off for having baby on the bed!!!

over all great care untill i was on the ward but then i wasn't there long!

Do you still need responses on this?

Did you see the same midwife?

Excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing .... I thought that I might, given that I started out under Community Midwife care. Turns out there were two covering my area, but that they rotated duties with midwives in the hospital and post-natal. I had four appointments with my Comm Midwife, and saw a different person each time.

Similarly post-natally, I had problems with my c/section wound healing and was under Comm Midwife care with home visits every couple of days. I had a different person each time for two weeks, which led to problems as none of them had seen my non-healing wound prior so they couldn't say whether it had improved or not. After two weeks, one midwife realised that this was a problem (perhaps my heavy hint of showing her a photograph taken 2 days previously did it?) and finally arranged for somebody to make a "repeat" visit so that there was consistency.

This wasn't just a problem with the Comm Midwives though, it was also a problem on the post-natal ward where I spent two weeks before being discharged - different midwives and even different doctors every day. I got fed up explaining that my baby was in SCBU as he was extremely prem (11 wks) and that's why my c/section was so bruised, they had to dig in to find him. In fact I discharged myself - the doctor on the 12th day said I could go home next day and care for my wound myself, so I made arrangements; the (different) doctor on the 13th day said I couldn't leave although absolutely nothing had changed; so I told them I was going anyway.

The only consistent treatment I have received has been as a result of being referred to a new Placenta Clinic halfway through my pregnancy, which was run by the Research department at the hospital - I've seen two consultants and two midwives through the clinic. And now that the Comm midwives have signed me off because they "have to" at 5wks, the research midwives have agreed to monitor my c/section wound which has still not healed completely; and my consultant has agreed to carry out my 6wk post-natal official check-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->