How?

klouise1993

Reaction score
Hiya everyone :hi:
Just wondering if anyone can tell me your success stories please?
Basically abit about me:
My name is Kate and my partners name is Joe
we finally got pregnant I think in December :happydance: :hugs: after months of trying but we didnt find out untill Friday 24th January we was absolutely over the moon!! it's our dream to start a family after being together 6 years. When we saw those 2 lines we started thinking about baby names, planning their bedroom and basically thinking of our future it was literally the best thing that has EVER happened to either of us :hugs: . After a brilliant weekend of being over excited I started having pains in my stomach on Monday before I went to bed to be honest I thought it was trapped wind :shy: , never thought anything about it so just went to bed as normal with still a bit smile on my face :dance: I woke up in the morning went for the morning wee and when I wiped I saw brown blood! I went running back to Joe didn't think it was anything I honestly thought it was normal :dohh: then I started having extremely sharp and painful cramps in my stomach then loads of blood came rushing out of me, that bad Joe had to phone an ambulance for me as I literally could not move. Got to the hospital and after about 5 hours of blood checks, other checks, finding out I was 9 weeks gone etc, the worse happened a nurse came over to us and told us that I had suffered a miscarriage :nope: :cry: . We couldn't believe it!! we had the best and worse news ever in just not even a week!! :cry:
I had about week of bleeding when I got home and had my follow up scan and found out lack of a better way to say it everything was gone. I've sort of made my peace with it not 100% but as some of you will know it's not something you will probaly never get over. Ever since then we have been trying none stop :sex: :winkwink: for about 2 months and no stickies still.
Sorry about blabbering on but I was wondering if anyone can tell me one of your success stories about how long it took any of you to get pregnant again after a miscarriage as I'm sort of losing my mind lol?
Sending my love to you all! xx

Hi KLouise!

First off, I am so sorry for your loss.... I have been in your shoes recently too. My husband and finally got a BFP on Valentine's Day of all times. Talk about a perfect little "gift". We too were over the moon and felt the same way as you did... talked about all of the next steps, told our families and close friends as we were just SOOOO excited. I think I must have POAS about 12-13 times just because I couldn't believe that it was real. I even called my Dr. and asked for them to do some HCG tests just to be 100% sure. LOL. I was crazy. They confirmed and said my levels were more than doubling as they should be. We again were ecstatic! About a week later I had some spotting and called my Dr. They had me go in for an early U/S and at t hat point I was 5w3d and everything was on schedule and measuring as it should. Even got some U/S pics of my little "sac" as that was all we could see at that time. I was scheduled for another one in 2 weeks and the U/S tech said that we SHOULD be able to see the heartbeat at that time, but not to be sad if we didn't. I went back and was 7w4d and saw again the sac and my little gummy bear!! She was not able to find the heartbeat though and said that my dates could be off and to come back in 5 days. My heart sank. Since hubby and I were actively trying, I knew my dates. I knew exactly when I O'd and knew something was wrong. I was (we were) devastated. DH tried to keep me sane by telling me everything was ok and that our little blueberry was probably just being difficult like his/her mommy..... We went back 4 days later only to still not find a heartbeat and also that my little gummy bear had actually gotten smaller, and only measured 6w2d at the time I would have been over 8 weeks. :( The Dr. said that my body had already been absorbing the pregnancy and that it would be a matter of time before I miscarried. DH and I decided that we were going to do a D&C as I just couldn't imagine going through more pain (physically and emotionally) by letting my body do it naturally. We had the D&C on 3/21. It has been hard. Very hard the last 6 weeks and I think that we have come to terms that it just wasn't our time. We are anxiously waiting for our next time TTC, but AF hasn't shown her face as of yet. :( We have also been bd'ing as Dr. said that all was "back to normal" so not sure what is going on there now.... They do say that you are most fertile after a miscarriage, so who knows.... maybe there is a little bean in there already.... So I know mine isn't a "success" story as of yet, but wanted to just let you know that there are so many others on here that have gone through what you have and we're all here for you!!! :) I am so thankful for this site and all of the wonderful ladies on here. let's keep in touch with each other and good luck to you.... hope you get another BFP soon!!! :)

Thank you for replying back :hi: I'm so sorry you had to go through the same us women go through some crap don't we :nope: , we was actually about to tell everyone a week after we found out just so you know we can get our own heads around it LOL there was only one person that knew which was my very close friend I actauuly ended up sending a photo of me still in my pj's holding the pregnancy test LOL I still looked a rough as anything :winkwink:.
Me and Joe can't believe we remember everything like it happened a second ago even when we found out as I have had a lot of negative tests before so we was just expecting the same but as soon as we saw those 2 lines I swear both our hearts stopped as everything went silent didn't know what to do either smile or cry with happiness. Then obviously the worse happened, this has completely turned my life around as i'm the sort of person who never dwells on the past but with this is completely changed my views. I actually had a doctors appointment booked to have my first scan done and my appointment was actually the day the miscarriage happened coincedence ay?
We have been trying since I stopped bleeding and I have never tested so much in my life! I've been tracking my ovulations, AF etc everything but I'm still testing like anything which i know I need to stop plus it's costing a fortune LOL. But I think we've got the idea finally when we are supposed to test so hopefully me and my partner and you with yours are finally getting our rainbow!!
I agree with you 100% about this group it's been brilliant. Knowing people have gone through the same thing such as yourself and I think it's good to talk to people who you don't know.
I hope you have got a little spud growing in you as we speak you deserve it after what you been through!
Hope we can both be there for each other and I hope you get your rainbow soon!!! xx :hug:

So sorry for your loss. I seriously wouldn't be concerned at not falling pregnant after only 2 months as it takes most people longer than that anyway I think.

For me, it took 3 years after my miscarriage to fall pregnant again but we did have some fertility issues, although I did wonder if it was the miscarriage that messed up my body and prevented me from getting pregnant. But no tests showed that to be the case.

I googled this so many times just after I'd had my miscarriage as I was so desperate to be pregnant again and it seemed that lots of people fell pregnant within 3 months. I'm sure it won't be long until you get that sticky BFP. Good luck xx

Hi Klouise! Just checking in on you to see how you're doing! :) Hope all is well....

heyy :hi:
Everything's okay thank you :thumbup:
getting ready to test again soon actually pay day so that's an extra bonus hehe! so keeping everything crossed had loads and loads of symptons:
- feeling and being sick
- feeling constantly tired
- headaches
- boobs are really achy and could of sworn they have gotten bigger and being a guy Joe has also noticed LOL
There are loads more symptons but i won't bore you with just hope this is it our rainbow!
How's everything with you? :hug:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your loss..

Just wanted to give you some hope really and to tell you that I totally understand where you are now. I had 6 early miscarriages in 3 years and am now 13 weeks :)
It took a long time and a lot of heartache to find out what was going on, but we did - immune issues and I started meds to prevent them.

The great news is that you are conceiving, that's what I used to hang on to , which is half the battle. So many ladies struggle with this, so as hard as it is, try to hold on to that as something positive. My fert doc used to talk about this alot, it really is a great sign.
Chances are, your miscarriage is one of the "normal" ones and not to do with anything more sinister, like mine were.
In terms of conceiving again, I'm sure you will, it's just a matter of time. Patience is sooooo hard with this stuff though.

I never thought I would be here, giving people advice on this stuff - I was always the one asking! So keep the faith!

Rach x

Hiya miss Rach
thank you for replying back, sorry for your losses but congratulations on your rainbow. :D
I'm trying extremely hard to keep positive and to not dwell on the past but it's unbelievably hard lol.
It's almost time for me to test soon but I'm so anxious about it being positive or negative as always got that voice in the back of my head saying somethings going to go wrong and no matter what I do I can't get rid of that voice I dream and day dream about being pregnant and starting our own family and even talk to my partner about how great it will be but as soon as i think about something good some thoughts of what happened come back and it's doing my head in as I keep thinking what if there's something wrong with either me or Joe ( partner).
Like you said the one thing that is giving me some hope is that I got pregnant once I can again.
Thanks again for replying xx

I know exactly what you mean. The first 12 weeks have been a constant battle with my head! Up until I reached the 12 week mark I was constantly worried something was going to go wrong and I do still now, occasionally, to be honest. But it's all part of it, and completely normal. Ladies who've never had any issues think the same too. When something is so precious, it's only human nature to try to protect ourselves from getting hurt, esp if we have already experienced the heart ache. So, it's really a matter of staying strong... and positive. Even now, having seen that there really is a baby, I might have a twinge and start to panic. So, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about the worrying! It's normal, but do your best to stick to the positives. And if it's negative this month, try not to worry, look forward to the next month when it might not be.

TTC is a journey and I really believe that for those who struggle, there is much to gain in terms of learning about patience and hope and how in life, try as we might, there are some things we just can't control.

Stay strong!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->