HPT Positives, Doctor Negatives :(

imstacey21

Reaction score
What do you think?

My period came 1 week early. Very light and basically a waste of my pads.. like some drips when I used the bathroom.. lasted 5 days and was bright pink on day 5. My periods are always regular and NEVER EVER early. And I always go for 7 days, never 5.

Anywho..

Day 5+ brought a heaviness/fullness to my stomach which I have never experienced before. Then a few days later I started getting very bearable but sharp, pinchy-like pains about an inch to the right and left of my belly button and on my sides. My whole mid-section just seemed more sensitive or achy. It felt like I worked out or something but with no sore muscles.

5 Home Pregnancy tests gave me very light positives which other ppl confirmed were there, but the doctor's urine and blood tests were negative. Which really upset me. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but the thought really excited me. Then I take a HPT afterwards and No line at all. I am so confused.

I really "feel" pregnant. Even though I have never been before. I have never felt the sensations I am feeling. I am starting to think I have ovarian cancer now since all the symptoms I feel are in line with those symptoms. :cry: Or maybe the doctor is wrong.

I had something similar to your had light positive and everytime I test at the docs I got a negative. Many doctors test are not as sensative as home HPT. I received a negative too. This can be caused by how deluted your urine is (drinking lots of water than taking the test). Try first morning urine (FMU) that is normally the best. I have heard many women not been able to get positive through urine even if they have before.

I definately do not mean to be a downer, however, my negative ment I wasn't pregnant anymore. I really hope you are just really hydrated! I really hope you only get good news from here!!

Well I used FMU for my HPT's and the doctor. I know the Doc's urine test is less sensitive because she told me, but what about the blood test. And unfortunately.. I am not that hydrated :(

I still have the feelings in my stomach, my back seems to ache for no good reason in a way I have never felt, my boobies don't hurt but they have seemed to ache sporadically for the past 3 days and I have had very slight cramps for the past 3 days also.

All of this is not normal. I ONLY cramp on day 1 of AF and subsequently only if I pass a clot and it is no where near time for AF if it is even going to show.

Maybe if I got some more common symptoms I wouldn't be so confused. :(

I know the waiting can be simply unbearable! Their are two types of blood test one to test if there is hcg in the blood and one counts how much. Unlike urine blood is very hard to thin out unless you are taking NSAID or IB Profen. You symptoms can be completely normal. It amazing it the begining you can't wait for these symptoms but the end you just want them to leave! lol. I must give you a word of caution with not being hydrated. Sometimes being dehydates can cause cramping, so I would definately drink up to ensure a healthy enviroment. Also nearly 30% of pregnancy have some kind of viginal bleeding, many still go on to having healthy baby.

I know the waiting can be simply unbearable! Their are two types of blood test one to test if there is hcg in the blood and one counts how much. Unlike urine blood is very hard to thin out unless you are taking NSAID or IB Profen. You symptoms can be completely normal. It amazing it the begining you can't wait for these symptoms but the end you just want them to leave! lol. I must give you a word of caution with not being hydrated. Sometimes being dehydates can cause cramping, so I would definately drink up to ensure a healthy enviroment. Also nearly 30% of pregnancy have some kind of viginal bleeding, many still go on to having healthy baby.

LOL, I just want some temporary symptoms for "CONFIRMATION PURPOSES ONLY" hahahahahaha!

And I have been drinking more water. I can tell the difference in "menstrual" and dehydration cramping. It has more of a menstrual feeling to it.

And I have not had bled since I spotted those days (jul 22-26). Not a drop. I have actually never even spotted before until then.

Well I think your on your way to positive news! Your mind will probably drive you crazy until a doctor confirms it. lol

Well I think your on your way to positive news! Your mind will probably drive you crazy until a doctor confirms it. lol

I hope so because I think I've already gone a mile past crazy lol. Now looking for comfort and reassurance while I go through this unbearable wait. I do appreciate your words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->