Hubby suddenly can't get LO to sleep

Miss_Cellany

Reaction score
LO went through a period of sleep regression about a month ago (teething and learning to crawl) and we had to go back to rocking him to sleep. In the last couple of weeks he's got better when I put him down in that I don't need to rock him but I do shush, pat and sing to him. However he absolutely will not sleep for hubby. OH can get him to sleep by rocking him still but it takes a lot of effort and then when he puts him in the cot he starts crying. He has to do the whole process about 3 or 4 times before LO stays asleep.

Any idea what's going on? And tips on how to deal with it?

He's almost 10 months old. OH has done the bedtime routine since we started it so it's not that LO isn't used to OH putting him to sleep. It's also affecting naps.

Bump - it's really getting to DH. He's so stressed about it. It seems to be getting worse too.

Sorry, no tips. My daughter has MCCADs (so we have to wake her to feed at night - forever). My husband can't seem to do the night feeds so that she sleeps straight after (I can feed her and put her down without her waking or at least with her being able to self soothe quickly). So this means it's my sole job to do the night feeds.

Does your husband look or talk to baby? I find that if I ignore her, she stops getting excited when I am in there.

Hope it works for your husband soon!

I'm not sure what to say because we have the same issue except she's only 9 weeks old and i've always put her to bed and in for naps so the issue for us is probably that she's used to me doing it....I guess 2 things spring to mind in my very limited experience/reading. Either hubby eventually reaches the same stage as you after rocking 3 times, maybe the next night it will be 2 times, 1 time etc...as in LO will eventually go back to usual pattern with him too. Or else you could try going in with him for a while and a) see what he does - is it different to what you're doing? As pp mentioned is he making too much eye contact etc? Maybe you can see where it's going wrong. As well as that it might just be your particular presence LO wants and perhaps you can start by going in with hubby and leaving part way through then reduce the amount of time you go in for each night?

Also, if it's your presence LO craves then hubby could go in with an item of your clothing....I've not tired this myself but i've read on forums etc that this is helpful?

We went through this stage, as did many of our friends. Just need to ride it out I'm afraid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->