Hughes syndrome

MaevesMummy

Reaction score
Had my appointment at hospital. Feeling more positive now about the future.

I had a positive antibody test in screening for Hughes, (APS) a clotting disorder.

Apparently this means I will automatically be on asprin next time arround. I have to have another test 12 weeks after that one, and yhave this in Feb.

Also learned no diagnosis has been made for my conditions, I have a broad spectrum of Symproms and positive tests relating to Autoimmune disorders and connective tissue disorders. Its most likley Lupus but nothing formal can be diagnosed.

Apparantly also, they could not give me blood thining drugs whilst I was bleeding- it would have killed me. Its so silly they did not answer my questions from the beggining, it would have took 5 mins to explain. I would have understood instead of feeling like they didnt care about Maeve at all.

The bleeding prob caused by APS started at 12 weeks, and eventually broke my membranes - PPROM at 18/19 weeks.
The only reason I went into Labour at 21 weeks was infection.

They say if they had given me antibiotics once I had PPROM it wouldnt have worked. I am not so sure if I am being fobbed off.
Basically she was ok, and if I hadnt gone into labour she may have had a good chance. :cry:

I woke up the next day feeling much less angry. I finally feel like we can let her go. Hopefully when there is less ice we can scatter her ahses and send off the chinese lant5ern we bought. Just need to find somewhere beautiful enough
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs:

Really really sorry to hear this news. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Another baby angel taken again.:cry: Breaks my heart to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hugs:

I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss, it's awful that you had to go through this, lifes so unfair..xxx

I'm glad you finally got some answers to your questions.
Hope you continue to feel stronger xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->