Huh? Faint control line?

I did something simular and paniced at first - thought it was the other line that was faint.....but it was the control, what a relief!!!

I would not worry; your test line is darker than the control line! This can happen due to extremely high levels of HGC. The test line "sucks up" all of the dye from the control line. If anything, its a good thing!

Yess, my control line was just like that. I took a clearblue test first & it came up positive almost immediately, and a few hours later i took a First Response and it came up just like that.. The test line is SOOO dark, and the control line is very very faint, take a look.. Cause i was wondering the same, & my first doctor appointment isnt until monday so i have 6 more days of impatiently going crazy lol Im sure everyone understands what i mean.

https://i52.tinypic.com/250ouq9.jpg

hiya just dropping in from 3td tri
this was my test, control line really faint test line really dark
https://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh453/Anna1982_2009/IMG01173-20101024-2129.jpg

and so far fingers crossed Im having a healthy twin pregnancy Ill be 30 weeks tomorrow

hi hun i wouldnt worry at all mine is the same too,think its cause the positive line has had most the dye before it has chance for the test line to have any hahaha,i think its good that its done that though,it sure made me more excited lol,congratulation x x

this is a few seconds after weeing on it
004.jpg

this is around the 3 min mark
005.jpg

it found alot of HCG in your urine for it to take all the dye from the control line, nothing to worry about hun :hug:

same exact thing just happened to me.. this will be my 4th preg and never had that happen before. Also using the Answer brand (which I have used with all four pregnancies).

That happened to me also at 5w5days...it was my 5th hpt...I was freaking out thinking I had miscarried...my control line was so faint..like barely visable.

lol I'm in 3rd tri, idk why i'm snoopin around 1st!!! lol but I did that same thing when I was weeks into my pregnancy. I looked it up and it's just because there's so much hcg in your urine it literally steals dy from the control line! I found a random one hidden in my room not too long ago so I, uh, took it.... yea i took a test nearing the end of second tri.... lol and the control line was nonexistant after a few seconds of the results showing :]

I used the same cheap brand from Walmart and mine came out the same way. (Answer brand) first line was dark and 2nd was super super faint!!! I'm definitely peegnant though :)

Stop worrying! It's good! It just means ur hcg levels are really high and all the dye got sucked up by the test line. Trust me!... I did about a zillion tests with my first pregnancy, and by 6 weeks they looked just like urs. Definitely nothing to worry about, the opposite in fact! X

I haven't read all the responses but I had this with my pregnancy test at 5 weeks...the control line was barely visible. I called the HPT compant (first response) and they said it happens, and is because the high HCG levels in your system. As you pee on the stick, the test line absorbs all the color before it hits the control line. Its nothing to be worries about and is actually a good sign:) take it from someone who is now 12w3d with baby #3;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->