Hungry baby

HayleyJJ

Reaction score
My lo is just over 2 weeks old and is always hungry has 4-5oz every 4 hours but after 2 hours is like a sparrow looking for a work wanting more we tried him on cow and gate for hungry babies last night but it didn't make that much difference

Any advice or other milks known to be any better?? Thanks in advance

Maybe try feeding him every 2-3 hours instead of every 4?

Four hours is a pretty big gap between feeds for a two week old baby (remember it's his drink as well as his meals). I'd just feed him when he shows hunger cues (two hours is quite normal). Bigger bottles less often will just overload his tummy and make him chuck it up or be grumpy cos he's uncomfortable.

Btw I'm a full grown adult who isn't growing, learning, changing etc. and I struggle to go 4hrs between food let alone drink!

Ps I think hungry baby milk is a last resort for older babies who are draining 9oz plus bottles every hour (or something else e treme) and parents are running out of money or baby is obese. A new baby is kinda supposed to be hungry as they have a small tummy and lots of growing to do.

Can a baby so young have 5 Oz every 3 hours?

Try doing 2 or 2 1/2 ounces every 2 hours; it's still the same amount, but he won't be going so long between feeds. 4 hours can be a long time for tiny new tummies. :)

Just feed him on demand, as much as he wants whenever he wants it. At that age, my daughter was feeding every 2-3 hours as much as she wanted. It's much easier that way. 4 hours would be a long gap for such a small baby. It will lengthen with time (for us this was around 8 weeks), but it's too early to expect it now. If he's hungry, the best and easiest thing is to feed him. He can have as much as he wants, so no need to worry about overfeeding. Unless he's being sick after, it's the right amount.

I struggled with that at the beginning. My
Lo would eat and eat. And the. Get hiccups. I figured out every 2-3 hours. Is routine. I read somewhere half as much more often. So I tried that. Also sometimes I think that the little sparrow action , for my girl I'd because of gas or just wanting to suck. My husband would shove bottle in there and make her miserable. So i was following with burping when she was rooting an hour after feeding. It's hard to figure.

Are you sure your LO is wanting more instead of just wanting to comfort suck? Newbies get massive amounts of comfort from just suckling. If you're interested in introducing a pacifier, that could help. But I do agree that 4 hours is a long time for a newbie to be going in between feed. My 6 month old has 5oz every 3 hours.

I struggled with that at the beginning. My
Lo would eat and eat. And the. Get hiccups. I figured out every 2-3 hours. Is routine. I read somewhere half as much more often. So I tried that. Also sometimes I think that the little sparrow action , for my girl I'd because of gas or just wanting to suck. My husband would shove bottle in there and make her miserable. So i was following with burping when she was rooting an hour after feeding. It's hard to figure.

If you don't mind me asking what sparrow action are you talking about? My LO is doing something and I'm wondering if that's what you are talking about. My husband would also shove the bottle in and frustrate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->