Husband Has Bronchitis

ItsJana

Reaction score
My husband went to the doctor today to see about something he thought was a cold. He hasn't been coughing, but the doctor said he has bronchitis.
DH did not mention to the doctor that I'm pregnant, so I'm wondering what the chances of me catching this are and how serious it would be? I haven't kissed him or shared food/water with him since finding out, but normally we share everything and kiss often.

I believe the bronchitis virus is airborne and is spread via coughing. I'd just keep doing what your doing refraine from kissing and give your hubby a large supply of Kleenex. As he is on antibiotics it should be gone in 5 days otherwise. Unless it's chronic bronchitis which never really goes away. (If he is a smoker). Xx

It's a chest infection so you probably wouldn't catch it. Although it's usually something you can get from after having a cold so you'd be more likely to catch a cold. If you haven't done so by now I'd say you'd be fine. Bronchitis isn't actually something you can catch from someone as far as I'm aware

You may or may not catch it, more than likely not as you are now being careful... even if you do it's not something to worry about. I had a chest infection from weeks 5-7, took antiobiotics for it, no problems whatsoever xx

I have had bronchitis yearly for 13+ years. It's actually an infection, so it can't be caught. What you would have to worry about would be the cold virus that caused it, however, since it's been in his system long enough to cause bronchitis, chances are it's no longer contagious. Just make sure you both keep your hands clean and no tonsil hockey and I wouldn't worry =)

Thank you all, he's not a smoker so it's not a chronic thing. This pregnancy I've been catching what seems like every virus or infection out there, so there was a bit of worry. Thankfully, I haven't caught anything from DH recently and I hope it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->