Husband has changed his mind!

Shortstuff88

Mother of a beautiful boy and gorgeous girl
Reaction score
I recently put up a post about how I was WTT for a long time! It was looking likely that we wouldn't be able to try for another LO until our son was 5, so another 4 years. Hubby wanted to wait until we moved out of our 2 bed house to a 3 bed.
However, hubby has changed his mind and said we can start TTC next summer 😊 I am so excited that I have a date to count down to!!

So WTT August 2016!!!! Anyone else waiting a year??

Congrats! I have exactly one year to wait as well, but for my first. :)

Exciting!!!!! Time will fly until then too!

At the moment our timeline is more looking like 2017, but OH is getting quite excited (he talks about it several times every day) so it miiiiight be possible that we start earlier. It wouldn't be ideal with how our workloads are at the moment but things do have a tendency of falling into place when needed so it's very tempting to just jump in.

Hi! I'll be trying next spring/summer as well! How exciting that you are able to bring your date up so much!! Did your DH tell you why he changed his mind?

We were just discussing how long realistically it may be until we can actually move and I think he realised that our son will probably be in school by then. We never wanted that big of an age gap as he had that in his family and never enjoyed it when he was young. When he thought about it he sort of realised that we wouldn't have to save any less with a second because we'd just be spending on the same things as we are now. For example, Elijah will be out of nappies so we'd still only be buying them for one child. We have all the furniture and toys, clothes etc as we had a lot of unisex stuff bought for us. So really there's not much else big that we'd need to pay for.

Aw I really hope our year flies in ladies!! I'm going to concentrating on counting down to small dates in the next year rather than the big one. So thinking about how it's only 10 weeks until I go on holiday and then I'll countdown to my sons birthdays and then Christmas, etc. that way it won't seem such a long time!

Congratulations! Time will fly by now that you have a date :)

It is always nice when you know there is a lot of things you won't have to buy with the next baby! Where are you going on holiday to?

It is always nice when you know there is a lot of things you won't have to buy with the next baby! Where are you going on holiday to?

We're taking Elijah on his first flight to Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. Bit nervous about the two hour flight with him haha. We're going with the inlaws too so they can help with the wee man.

Aw the idea of having to buy a whole load of new stuff for #2 would have put us off a bit longer. Although obviously if we have a girl next time we'll still need to get more than if we had another boy.

Sounds like fun! That is great that your IL's are able to come too!

Are you hoping for another boy or do you want a girl next? I would love 2 boys and my DH is ery much team girl so one of us will get what we are hoping for, lol (obviously happy with either :) )

Haha well I really would like a girl. I want to have 3 altogether and hubby has said if we have a boy again we'll stick to two in case we end up with 3 boys haha. I don't think I could cope with 3 Elijah's haha.

hahaha. Ya, my DH thinks Im crazy for wanting 2 boys (he is the youngest of 3 boys). With our luck though we will wind up with twin girls next or something lol

Haha aw well that wouldn't be so bad. As long as it's not triplets haha!!

That's good news! I may be In a similar position in term of bringing forward ttc. Trying to Get dh to agree to ntnp in a year (and I'll go on be until then) instead of 2 yrs using pull out

Aw I really hope you manage to change his mind! A year doesn't seem so far away now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->