Husband leaving tomorrow

MrsGards

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im just feeling a bit sorry for myself and im hoping by writing it all here it might make me man up a bit.

My husband is in the RAF and true to military timing, hes been posted tomorrow. We are about as far south of the UK as you get and he is off to Scotland tomorrow.

He has put a week of leave in at 39 weeks so hes only away for just over 2 weeks and although we have dealt with ALOT longer apart, im gutted he could miss baby being born. :cry:

We sat earlier on and tried to look up ways of him getting home in the quickest time without him driving as I know he would drive like a maniac to get home and I obviously dont want that, id be stressed big time.
The quickest way is walking to train station (10 mins), train to city centre (1hr 10) taxi to airport (35 mins) check in at airport and flight to nearest airport to me (2hrs 30) hire car back to our house (2 hour drive) and all of this depends on the first train actually running as its only 3 days a week with 2 trains a day.

After that the quickest way is 11 hours to get home is and even then is a train which is cancelled more often than not.

I know that this is what I signed up to when I married a military man so I shouldnt moan (i get told this all the time) but Im just gutted.

The other thing I have to moan about is that I had a "silent labour" with my dd and I got to 7.5cm before I even realised I was in labour, which I guess Im lucky for as it was relatively quick, but if this happens again then it doesnt matter which way my husband gets home, hes missed it.

I sound like a right miserable cow, I just dont know how to man up and get on with it at the moment. I guess it could get easier once hes gone and I have to sort my life out a bit. :(

Ohhhh what a situation. I hope baby holds on till he is back, you must be immensely proud of him! It's people in the armed forces are Hero's in my eyes not tv celebs.

Wishing you a smooth labour and that your mr gets to be by your side during it

Sorry to hear that, it sucks! Hopefully he'll be back at baby birthing time!

I feel ur pain my husbands also in the raf! He'll be around for the birth but facing the possibility of being sent to afghan shortly after! :(

I hope ur baba holds on for when there daddy's back so he can be at the birth with you!! Good luck Hun x

thankyou everyone, its so hard and im so hormonal im trying so hard not to cry all the time. 2 and a half weeks is nothing.. but it seems so much harder this time.

Nic64 - oh thats awful, see I feel stupid for moaning now. my OH hasnt been to Afghan yet but we know its coming up, hopefully not this year but you never know. Good luck hun x

He hasn't been yet that's why it's due! It's not silly its really difficult where ever they go! And a challenge keepin a relationship goin being apart! We haven't long been married and we always say we've had so many challenges before being married that other couples haven't we know we can get through anything! Chin up and if u want someone to moan to I know how u feel! :)

He hasn't been yet that's why it's due! It's not silly its really difficult where ever they go! And a challenge keepin a relationship goin being apart! We haven't long been married and we always say we've had so many challenges before being married that other couples haven't we know we can get through anything! Chin up and if u want someone to moan to I know how u feel! :)

Thankyou hun. Yeah we havnt been married that long either and we say exactly the same thing! We are constantly being posted around too, weve had 3 postings in 3 years. You never feel settled. We (my dd and I) were meant to be going to this new posting tomorrow but ive had to fight to stay in the house where we are now long enough to have baby and dd to finish her school year, it is so hard.

Sorry to hear that, but i still hope you get to have him around when the baby is born.

Stay positive! You know what they say nothing worth having is easy! So we much have something super special! It'll all work it's self out! Xxx

Hey everyone, im just feeling a bit sorry for myself and im hoping by writing it all here it might make me man up a bit.

My husband is in the RAF and true to military timing, hes been posted tomorrow. We are about as far south of the UK as you get and he is off to Scotland tomorrow.

He has put a week of leave in at 39 weeks so hes only away for just over 2 weeks and although we have dealt with ALOT longer apart, im gutted he could miss baby being born. :cry:

We sat earlier on and tried to look up ways of him getting home in the quickest time without him driving as I know he would drive like a maniac to get home and I obviously dont want that, id be stressed big time.
The quickest way is walking to train station (10 mins), train to city centre (1hr 10) taxi to airport (35 mins) check in at airport and flight to nearest airport to me (2hrs 30) hire car back to our house (2 hour drive) and all of this depends on the first train actually running as its only 3 days a week with 2 trains a day.

After that the quickest way is 11 hours to get home is and even then is a train which is cancelled more often than not.

I know that this is what I signed up to when I married a military man so I shouldnt moan (i get told this all the time) but Im just gutted.

The other thing I have to moan about is that I had a "silent labour" with my dd and I got to 7.5cm before I even realised I was in labour, which I guess Im lucky for as it was relatively quick, but if this happens again then it doesnt matter which way my husband gets home, hes missed it.

I sound like a right miserable cow, I just dont know how to man up and get on with it at the moment. I guess it could get easier once hes gone and I have to sort my life out a bit. :(

Its stupid if people tell you not to moan because you signed up for it. You love him what were you supposed to do? let him go because he leaves a bit more often then other men. THAT would be stupid. Its normal to feel sad about it. Would be stupid and strange if it wouldn't do you anything.

Anyway good luck to you. Make sure you have at least someone else you love very much to be with you and visit you daily. Being alone is very hard during and after birth.

Hugs! We did 8 years in the military and 2 babies. Hopefully baby is on time and hubs doesn't miss anything.

Hope he makes it home for babe! I totally understand what you're going through. Hubby and I are both military and he's currently on the other side of the country training until next month at least. This is our first and I am just praying she doesn't come early as I have no family where we are currently posted so it would be pretty terrible. It's a tough life, but a very proud one. :) Sending you lots of positive, good luck vibes!

I kind of know how you feel. My husband is in the army and he was told not long ago with very short notice that he will be going out field for 6 weeks and will return 2 days before the due date. I was absolutely gutted! We have no family in this posting and I don't have many friends, we are still new here. Thankfully the whole trip got cancelled. But he has just been sent on a 3 week long course yesterday. He's on the earlier one so he will be back when I am 35 weeks. There are lot of them going later on, around when bubs is due. So here I am, alone in this newish posting, sitting with my legs crossed in the hopes that bub doesn't want to make an early appearance haha

Hope everything goes well for you :)

Aww thank you for sharing your stories and for replying everyone. He left at 8am this morning and although I'm sad, it seems a bit easier now that he's actually gone (that sounds horrible) but it seems easier to deal with now its happened if u see what I mean..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->