Husband RANT

AAttcabby

Reaction score
I am so irritated with my husband right now. He went and bought 2x $150 tickets to a 3 day rock concert almost 4 hours away from where we live. Without asking me first and the concert is 6 weeks after our baby's due date. We talk about it earlier this month and I said it wasn't a good idea cause I wasn't going to be able to go knowing we will have a 6 week old baby to take care of. We can't just drop a newborn off at a babysitter and run off for 3 days! It is a concert I would have like to go to before I got pregnant, but I have a little one to think about now. So now I feel he just doesn't understand that we are 100% responsible for this life growing inside of me, I just can't run off to a rock concert weekend.
Worse part is my mother is agreeing with him! She keeps saying "I'll watch him, he won't know you left him with me this early to go to a concert." I feel like I am the only one that feels that I need to be home with our baby, not being wild and crazy. I do want to go but STILL I will have a newborn and he shouldn't have spent $300 on tickets to a concert I don't feel right attending. Am I over reacting with all these crazy preggo hormones? I haven't mentioned it to him cause I am to irritated to talk about it.
Thanks for reading my rant.

I could not imagine leaving a newborn for three days! Maybe some can, but I breastfeed and it wouldn't be feasible. But then again, I wouldn't leave any of my kids for three days, even the older ones. That is not a decision he should have made without you.

It is like a YEAR before I leave my kids with anyone. But I don't have parents and the first time we left our kids with my FIL our son had a nasty rash. I don't think it was on purpose of course, but still.

6 weeks is just too soon IMO. Maybe if the baby was 3 months or something. If you're breastfeeding, that can also be challenging. You could pre-pump for a week or so and freeze it, or switch to formula while gone - though some babies end up preferring the formula milk b/c of the sugar in it and don't want to go back to BF. But I always found pumping a PITA. Not to mention you would have to go somewhere every few hours to pump at the concert. LOL It hurts so bad if you try to just let those things go.

I think you're mom probably just wants that extra time with the baby, so think to yourself if she would have left you with her mother for 3 days as a newborn.

I agree with you too, I could never leave a 6 week old for 3 days. On the same token I wouldn't miss out on something either. Is there no way you could bring baby with you? I don't know much about concerts that last 3 days long...is there down time? If your mom or someone was willing to come with you and stay in the hotel with baby during the shows and you could come check on baby every couple hours. I plan on going to a big family reunion less than a month after baby is due. We all camp in Yellowstone park for a few days and I plan on spending a lot of time in my camping trailer.

Yah I just won't go, by the time the concert comes around I know I won't be irritated with him about it anymore and will probably just want the time alone with the baby. I just know so many other things we could have used $300 on right now instead of concert tickets.

Its not feesable to take baby with to the concert since we live in Washington and pot smoking is legal, so I know people will be smoking everywhere. I don't want my baby exposed to that. And its at a camping area/concert venue so I'm not sleeping in a tent with an infant either.

I just needed a good rant, I feel better about it already. :)

Yah I just won't go, by the time the concert comes around I know I won't be irritated with him about it anymore and will probably just want the time alone with the baby. I just know so many other things we could have used $300 on right now instead of concert tickets.

Its not feesable to take baby with to the concert since we live in Washington and pot smoking is legal, so I know people will be smoking everywhere. I don't want my baby exposed to that. And its at a camping area/concert venue so I'm not sleeping in a tent with an infant either.

I just needed a good rant, I feel better about it already. :)

I was thinking u were over reacting but then I read the "3 day" part... Hell no... I was imagining a concert then picking up baby ... I certainly can't imagine spending a night let alone 3 away from my bubba...

It's our anniversary in September ... Bubs will be 4 months old and we are taking the Moses basket to the nice hotel were staying at coz I can't imagine spending the night without him :(

6 weeks after your due date. What if baby is late? Baby could be 4 or 5 weeks old. I'm completely with you on that one. If it was a one evening thing nearby it would be one thing (though I couldn't do that so early!!) but this is too much!

No way are you over reacting! 6 weeks old (or even 4 weeks if baby comes late) is way to young to be left for 3 days IMO - no way I could do it and your hubbie shouldn't have spent that money without your agreement.

I also agree with a PP about how your Mum probably sees this as a great opportunity to have the baby on her own for a while - I doubt very much that she's thinking of you or the babies wellbeing!

Can you get a refund (or a partial refund) for your ticket?

PS - I've been invited to a Wedding in Scotland when baby will be between 8 and 10 weeks old. Hubbie wasn't invited (it's a really small Wedding, bride and groom are only inviting 5 friends each) but he has been 'allowed' to come so he can sit with baby while I attend the Wedding and we can be together the rest of the time. Going without baby would never have been an option for me - though I know both my parents and in-laws would have jumped at the chance to babysit!

I'm reading how everyone is against leaving baby at 6 weeks, and wondering if I'm an oddball for leaving mine for 5-6 days at 6-8 weeks old? I don't plan on BFing and need to go away for a training at work. This is our third child, so the whole child care thing is pretty routine for us now.

OP maybe someone can buy your ticket and go with your OH?

Haha, OH got tickets to a concert at the end of September before he knew we were expecting. I'm still debating whether or not it would be crazy of me to go. It's not 3 DAYS for us, I wouldn't even consider going for 3 days at that point! Goodness, I don't think you're being irrational at all! Can't he go with a friend? You can have your mom come over to keep you company and do stuff with her if you get along well with her? It's not as great as a concert, but, you'd probably be more comfy that way? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->