Husband working abroad

topcat

Mum to a little girl!
Reaction score
Hi, I've not posted very much so hello!
My husband has just left to work abroad for 3 months :cry: We've been trying to get pregnant for over a year and got such a shock when I got a :bfp: two days before he left! We are over the moon :happydance: but are both heartbroken having to spend so much time apart. Anyone else in the same situation?

I'm lucky that I'll be able to visit him twice a month for a week or so but it's so hard without him. Both my sister and mother suffered from severe morning sickness with all their pregnancies and needed hospitalised -thankfully I've not been too bad yet (fingers crossed ladies!), but he's really worried I'll be ill.

We're not entirely sure how far on I am. My last period was 2nd September, but I had 3 days of light bleeding exactly 2 weeks after. Estimate is approx 7 weeks. The doctor says the scan will confirm it. I'm desperate to know how far along I am!

Anyway, thanks in advance, just thought I'd share my situation with you all! It's all so exciting!:cloud9:

awwww what a happy time and yet you can't share it together :( congratulations though. my last period was 31st August so you must be due around the same time :D i'm sure there will be loads of help and support for you on here though xxx

Topcat, that sounds really tough but just focus on you and bubba healthy and look forward to your time with hubby when it comes around. I'm sure there will be plenty of people around here to give you some support if you need it.

S x

Hi love

Congratulations on the pregnancy :happydance:

I'm seven weeks as well.
Personally, if my OH had to be away for 3 months of my pregnancy I would choose now. I think it's the time (apart from the very end) when you feel grottiest and grumpiest. At the moment I can't eat anything, all I want to when I'm not at work is sleep and I'm being mean to my lovely boy. In a way it would be nice for him to reappear in a couple of months when I am glowing! But of course I would miss him like hell in between the arguments...

Good luck and stick around here where we can all support each other.

Hx

Hiya hun and congratulations,
I feel for you hun, ive never been with out my OH for 24 hours!

Like Halle71 this first but has got to be the best time to be apart lol, it can make you feel grotty and horrible and at least your wont be taking it out on your OH everyay xxxxxx

Aw thanks so much for all the lovely comments! It's so nice to feel supported! We've only told a few people and they've been checking up on me everyday. I'm not telling my parents until they come back from their holidays - they deserve a rest and I think they'll not go on holiday if they know I may be ill. It's awful keeping a secret, but it'll be worth it!
It's been such a hectic month I thought I was just suffering stress - it all makes sense why I was so upset at the slightest things. I'm quite enjoying a couple of days quiet time to catch up on all the things I've neglected recently. I still can't believe there's a baby inside! ;)

Where is he working hun, you going to fly over every month to see him? I have a similar situation to you my OH is a long haul pilot and away 7-21 days at a time but then home for a week or i fly to barcelona where our holiday flat is to see him when i can. it is hard but the girlies on here are so supportive you don't feel alone.I haven't told most people yet only mum and sisters waiting for scan next week then tell all, want to make sure all is ok. I have felt alone which is why I told mum,sisters and VBF early on so at least you have someone to talk to.But we are all here too to chat to. I know where you are coming from, spend most nights on my own, go to work so i'm here if you need a chat PM be if you like Dusty x

Oh topcat forgot to say as i have jelly brain at mo sorry!!! You probably about 8wks today I would say or there about x

Aww no isn't that just sods law! My dh is due to go away for 4 months at the beginning of jan. He is in the army. I agree though i think its best they are away in the earlier days. All the good stuff is at the middle and end where you can feel baby and get your 20 wk scan etc :)

congratulations hun.....so sorry your hubs is away at this special time. The nice thing about it is the fact that he will see the changes in you every time you see eachother and he will really appreciate those times that you will have together.
This site is brilliant though and you will find you always have people to speak to, I know its not the same as having your hubs home, but it is nice to have people there for you.
My hubs has been away alot in the first 9 weeks of my pregnancy, and to be honest, when I have been feeling rough, I sometimes appreciate the "alone" time.
I hope everything goes ok for you x

Thanks guys, so many nice comments. He's off working in Germany, I'm glad he's not too far away. It's the job of a lifetime and will really help his career, so it will all be worth it. I guessed there would be other women in a similar situation, particularly if their partner is in the forces - that must be even harder.
I've actually really enjoyed yesterday and today - it's given me the chance to catch up on some tasks, relax, eat lots of food and watch what I like on tv! It's quite nice to have some selfish time! Thanks again for all the support, what a lovely board this is!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->