Husbands!!!? (rant, relating stories welcome!)

preggerslady

Reaction score
My husband has gotten so lazy and insensitive this pregnancy! It breaks my spirit a little more every day, and I only have a few more days to go before I'm giving BIRTH TO HIS CHILD AGAIN. I have been nesting here and there, and I don't expect him to match me cleaning for cleaning, but he has DONE NOTHING!!! He has made a couple of comments in the last week about how nice everything around here looks, made jokes that its the most organized it's been since we moved in, and while it is encouraging for me, I immediately want to scream "And what the hell have YOU done???" He even mians and groans when I ask him to do bathtime with our toddler like he's just too EXHAUSTED to sit next to the bathtub for 30mins! He complained the other night about me huffing and puffing trying to turn over in bed!!!!! I could have killed him! His only jobs around the house NORMALLY are taking out the trash and doing the dishes (I do the rest of the house, so 90% of dishes are for him LOL). There are currently no clean bowls, cups, silverware, etc, I wash one as I need it and it makes me want to hurt him badly! I've busted my now-gigantic BUTT on the entire rest of the house, I'm not doing these damn dishes OUT OF PURE SPITE AND HATE!

My husband does absolutely no house chores at all!!!! And when i ask him to do something, i dont like the way he does it hehehe...so i just end up doing it myself...sometimes men suck!!!!

I feel the same about my OH. The other day for example he had the day off work and I was out from 10 am til 10pm with LO so he had the flat to himself all day. He said he was gonna properly clean the lounge and kitchen and when I got back it was worse than when I left.. He just kept saying he'll do it later and had a go at me for doing it and told me to stop cos he will do it before he goes to bed. And obviously, it never got done by him, as usual -.-

He annoys me so much :L

I won't let my fiance help was/fold/put away laundry because honestly..I hate the way he does it!! Lol. But honestly, I don't understand why he can't keep his pants folded on his shelf or put his shirts back on the hanger facing the right direction! Or why he can't take his dirty clothes off and put them straight into the hamper. And why he thinks its okay to take his shoes off and leave them WHEREVER he pleases, instead if just taking them straight to our bedroom. Ughh, men make no sense whatsoever!

My oh does absolutely no housework at all infact 90% of the time he's a pig and can't even take his dirty dish into the kitchen and just puts it on the floor. If I talk to him about doing nothing and being a lazy shit he always throws the but I go to work to earn money for us statement at me and apparently I get paid to be a mum and do house work... You know the child benefit is supposed to be my wage lol last time I checked that money was for our daughter and to make sure she has nappies, food and clothes.... Men! It's like having an extra child.

Although haven't moaned about all that it's actually better he doesn't do the housework as his idea of tidying is pushing the mess into one corner and he doesn't wash dishes properly so there's food always left on them so I just get annoyed with his tidying anyways lol although I wish he'd learn to clean up after himself; rubbish in the bin, shoes at the door and plates in the sink....

In my last pregnancy I was ill a lot and had numerous stays at hospital and I remember at 25 weeks I came home to a dog... My oh decided that he'd get a dog while I was away however the dog got rehomed a week later when she ripped up the stair carpet then at 28 weeks I came home to find he had done no housework in the 5 days I'd been in hospital you can imagine the pile of dishes! Everytime I was in hospital he would keep telling me 'i need my woman back' obviously so I could clean up after him not like he missed me or anything lol

I can't complain about my dh and the housework. I do more, but he's pretty good at doing alot,
HOWEVER I am sick of him getting pissed every Friday and Saturday night, snoring away next to me and leaving me to deal with our toddler when he wakes in the night, so he is far from perfect. I've mentioned it so many times how I'm fed up of it, would like some sober company, etc etc, but although he agrees its the same old story the following weekend.

My hubby has to do trash/recycling only. We have so much recycling it needs to go out daily. He left on a business trip without doing it for two days when I asked twenty times. It's too heavy for me and I have these two little mobsters to watch. Asking your OH to do trash is like the smallest thing ever. I do all cooking, cleaning, laundry, sweeping--it's a significant amount if time each day.

I'm just so irritated that trash has been sitting for four days :/ he's home soon and will do it without complaining. At least there's that. I just don't do trash

omg i so get this thread, it was just the other day i had an argument with my other half because he thinks he does so much around the house.
but he doesnt. the only thing he does around the house is the washing up and wiping the sides down which we actually take it in turns to do. and taking out the trash.
the rest of the housework i do. but he thinks hes some kind of wonderman because he also does half of the nappies. when hes here. only half of the time.
we got into n argument about it and i said he doesnt do much around the house. and he says i dont appreciate him and i dont realise how much he does around the house and then said how about i leave then you will see how much i do and then appresiate me more.
so i said yeah i will realise that i will get to watch the tv because there wont be a slob constantly on the xbox thats what i will realise.

he still thinks hes right, but there comes a point where you realise your trying to get blood out of a stone

Haha I've been married for just over a year & have figured out that THATS JUST MEN HAHAH you want something. Done right, do it youself that's what I say to myself lol =)

Now that I am on maternity leave, I am taking care of most chores throughout the week; though he takes out the trash/recycling and loads/unloads the dishwasher here and there, but I don't expect it. Though he does scoop my kitty litter and tosses it regularly, and thoroughly scrubs and refills the litter box about every 1-1/2 months. Then on Saturday (his one day off usually) he will clean for probably about 2-3 hours or so--bathroom, living room, if anything in the kitchen, and then go on a decent sized grocery shop.

He was worried yesterday that after he comes home from his work day, that I am just randomly going to start nagging him because women sometimes just get that way, I guess. He works really hard for 11-14 hours 5-6x a week. I honestly don't expect him to do anything when he gets home, other than eat, shower and relax. I know that when baby is here, he will help change and bathe, snuggle and all of that.

Also, since my sleep has been shitty (and reversed--I sleep during the day) I will often not spend it in bed with him; I will sleep on the couch. (I generally sleep after 6am but before 8am--his wake up time). I don't want to disturb him, and I really want him to get as good a sleep as he can, because he often has trouble sleeping and he has a physically and mentally draining job. And I am more than comfortable on the couch, it is SO plush and big!

My dh was like this during pregnancy but it didn't really get to be until after zane was born. He was the one going to work, but I was there raising our child and cleaning up after him. So to begin with I stopped doing the housework lol he then would come home from work and do stuff and was worn out.
He said he'd help so I started to do housework again, he stopped.
I got so sick and tired that I said if u don't start then I'm gone, are u going to help with zane tonight? He don't answer so I walked out taking zane and said I'm leaving and went to my mums.
Needless to say that was the scare he needed and he was great after that.

It's not on that he's not helping u and he needs a wake up call

Now that I am on maternity leave, I am taking care of most chores throughout the week; though he takes out the trash/recycling and loads/unloads the dishwasher here and there, but I don't expect it. Though he does scoop my kitty litter and tosses it regularly, and thoroughly scrubs and refills the litter box about every 1-1/2 months. Then on Saturday (his one day off usually) he will clean for probably about 2-3 hours or so--bathroom, living room, if anything in the kitchen, and then go on a decent sized grocery shop.

He was worried yesterday that after he comes home from his work day, that I am just randomly going to start nagging him because women sometimes just get that way, I guess. He works really hard for 11-14 hours 5-6x a week. I honestly don't expect him to do anything when he gets home, other than eat, shower and relax. I know that when baby is here, he will help change and bathe, snuggle and all of that.

Also, since my sleep has been shitty (and reversed--I sleep during the day) I will often not spend it in bed with him; I will sleep on the couch. (I generally sleep after 6am but before 8am--his wake up time). I don't want to disturb him, and I really want him to get as good a sleep as he can, because he often has trouble sleeping and he has a physically and mentally draining job. And I am more than comfortable on the couch, it is SO plush and big!

thats fair enough, your OH seems to help a decent amount considering he works 5-6 days a week, my OH only has a part time job working 3 days a week and during that all he does is sit brousing the net talking to me on facebook and then go bed at about midnight, thenn com home about 9 am theres nothig draining, then comes home and does nothing here too

UGH!! I have been feeling the same way..feel like my husband does less to help out with the housework and the three other kids now that Im pregnant than he did before... and he gets annoyed when Im not in a good mood, and when I toss and turn at night..sorry Im such an inconvenience Geesh!! And he never wants to have sex anymore :cry: .. Lately I just feel like hes annoyed with me, and I dont really feel close with him anymore :cry:.. oh yeah and he will never give me back rubs..when I say anything about my back/butt hurting he just says " oh somethings always hurting you" UGGGHH...real sensitive. He was not like this the last time I was pregnant with our daughter...he was loving and massaged me and cooked all the time and did most of the cleaning..not now :growlmad:

^ my DH hates giving me back rubs! He has been MUCH better this pregnancy but that is the one thing that really hurts my feelings. My back will just ache (as you all can empathise with) and if I ask (he won't give me one on his own initiative) then he makes a grumble or weird sound like its such a pain for him then he will drive his knuckles into my back looking for knots. If there aren't any knots he gets further annoyed because he can't understand why my back hurts or why I would possibly want a back rub. O_O

It seriously makes me want to cry hahaha.

UGH!! I have been feeling the same way..feel like my husband does less to help out with the housework and the three other kids now that Im pregnant than he did before... and he gets annoyed when Im not in a good mood, and when I toss and turn at night..sorry Im such an inconvenience Geesh!! And he never wants to have sex anymore :cry: .. Lately I just feel like hes annoyed with me, and I dont really feel close with him anymore :cry:.. oh yeah and he will never give me back rubs..when I say anything about my back/butt hurting he just says " oh somethings always hurting you" UGGGHH...real sensitive. He was not like this the last time I was pregnant with our daughter...he was loving and massaged me and cooked all the time and did most of the cleaning..not now :growlmad:

Last pregnancy my OH was so much better too :( He'd give me back rubs and foot rubs a lot and help out etc.
Now though, when there's more to do with DD, he won't do anything nice for me or with DD -.-

I'm also so fed up of him and his bloody computer. If there was a way of me breaking it without him knowing it was me, I would. He is on it constantly, completely ignoring DD and me all day, everyday. I hate him right now.

I'm also so fed up of him and his bloody computer. If there was a way of me breaking it without him knowing it was me, I would. He is on it constantly, completely ignoring DD and me all day, everyday. I hate him right now.

Don't break it. A former friend of mine did this (our hubbies are possessed by the computer too) and she wound up getting even more upset because miraculously he found money to buy a new computer a few weeks before she was to deliver. This infuriated her because I suppose he was really strict with "wreck less spending" haha

This is our first baby and my hubby is pretty excited...if I give him chores to do around the house he'll do them, but like most of you I like things done a certain way so I'll only get him to do certain things. He is very handy though and has spent the past week replacing two windows in our home, one being in the little ones room and next weekend he'll be cleaning and organizing the garage.

I must admit my husband is amazing, he has always done his fair share around the house if not more due to me having a back problem and struggling to move sometimes. He has wanted kids for nearly 5 years so now it's finally happening he is over the moon sand ado anything I ask. Although I do have to ask most of the time, I no I'm lucky compared to a lot of people but it does annoy me having to state the obvious sometimes like the cat litter is starting to smell or the toilet needs bleaching (smell of bleach makes me sick) etc. I have said that ill do more wen I'm on maternity because ill hopefully have a bit of energy but he's pretty insistent that he at least helps on his days off.

Wat drives me crazy is thaw fact he's always complaining that he's not sleeping wen usually I've been led there wide awake next to him snoring away!! I don't expect him to stay up with me but I wish he would just think about moaning about tiredness before he started!! And his sex drive has completely gone :( I would quite happily have him slack off around the house if it ment he was more active in the bedroom ;)

If its any consolation lisawoop, I hear its quite normal for some men to lose their sex drive during pregnancy, apparently they can have a drop in testosterone? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->