Husbands!!!? (rant, relating stories welcome!)

my husband is awesome. im a homemaker so im used to doing everything while he works, but due to how bad my pelvis pain is he's banned me from doing chores. on one hand it's amazing to sit around and pretty much do nothing, but OMG DOES THIS MAN EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE A VACUUM CLEANER? i swear the floor ends up messier once he's done. how does that even work? he's also pretty bad when it comes to doing things regarding getting ready for baby. i had to put the shelves and basinette together myself because he kept putting it off. i'm surprised he managed to put the cot together. too bad i want him to take it apart and paint it (which was always the plan so why did he put it together to start with hahaha)

Ah this is a great thread just to make us feel like we're not going crazy!

DH has been pretty good with chores, he usually does the cooking anyway as he enjoys it. And he does the hoovering/washing up when needed. BUT he certainly isn't a super-hubby. I generally need to ask him to do something and he hasn't exactly been attentive to me. In fact I had to talk to him over the weekend as he barely talks to me about impending baby. It's been better since our chat but I still have to ask for a back rub or to run me a bath.

Unsurprisingly his sex drive is still there, and luckily so is mine (for now at least) but he has a sensitivity chip missing and can't use his initiative. Funnily enough yesterday he said I need to make sure I treat myself when baby arrives to make me feel better about myself, so I said to him 'you treat me and I will!' Let's see if that actually happens.....

It's hard because half the time I think he's fantastic and the rest of the time I want to rip his head off!

For anyone being ignored for computer games take the fuse out of the plug or replace the controller with dead batteries and hide all the good ones.

My DH is quite good most of the time but i do have to ask him to do anything. His idea and my idea of a clean bathroom a VERY different too. He actually put the laundry away the other day and i had to go and redo afterwards. How hard is it to put things in the right place?? I has pjs in with trousers and dresses in with pjs etc.
I also think he may be blind! It was our dd3's 3rd bday on 22nd Sept and she got a baby Annabell with lots of bits, well, she got a box of clothes and the empty box got put on the sideboard, i thought i'd leave it there to see how long it took for him to remove it.......he didnt, i moved it yesterday as i wa so sick of looking at it.
He's also another one to complain of lack of sleep at night and i keep him awake. He seems to forget im the one lying next to him listening to him snore.
MEN PAH

For anyone being ignored for computer games take the fuse out of the plug or replace the controller with dead batteries and hide all the good ones.

Oh yea. Definitely. Also, I ended up putting a password on our pc so hubby couldn't just use it willy-nilly. Its like having another bloody child sometimes. Its ridiculous.

Like, do ur chores and I'll log u on lol. Sad. Very sad. :)

Hahaha yeah that sounds familiar. "Can I have an hour on my game" (it's my xbox lol)
My response "unload the dishwasher first" :dohh:

I really do have 3 children since the oh moved in, well is practically always here.
He didn't like me shouting at him this morning to pull his weight n do housework without being told or he can spend more time at his mums lol
I've been told he will take zane to school, then Corey for a walk around town so I can have a long lie in lol

UGH, i hate my DH right now. i'm glad for this thread because it puts things in perspective and makes me realize that this is pretty common. but i can't help but compare my DH to my 2 best friends' husbands who make lots and lots of effort to spend time with their young babies and who help their wives out around the house.

my DH makes most of the money. he is a freelancer and has a flexible schedule, i work 3 days a week 9-5. he barely lifts a finger around the house in terms of cleaning, never makes dinner, and doesn't do a thing with our 19 month old son. maybe one or two hours a week cumulatively he will play with him but he hasn't changed a diaper in about a year, never does bathtime, doesn't ever do any of the day care drop offs or pick ups and doesn't wake up in the morning to help AT ALL - EVER (DS wakes up at 6 am), and i am so fed up with him not doing more with DS!

i'm terrified for when #2 comes any day now that i will basically be a single mother of 2 under 2. and my brain keeps heading in the direction of imagining divorce and finding a man who is a more willing and enthusiastic father. but what man wants to be a dad to someone else's kids? anyway, i'd probably never actually do that and i'm probably just being 38 weeks pregnant and uber emotional, but i'm just so pissed off.

sorry for the ranting -- i just want to scream my head off. but i can't because i'm sitting at work right now fighting back tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->