Hyper baby during ultrasound

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
Funny title I know lol, but who else has had a hyper baby during all their ultrasounds? I'm 16 weeks now and found out on Sunday I'm having a boy :happydance: everything looked really good and when he was still for 3 seconds we could hear his heartbeat.

I'm always laughing at the ultrasounds because I see how hyper he is...and I haven't had anything sweet (my baby must not like sweet food lol)

Anyone else? Do you know what you're having too?

We aren't sure what we are having yet but during our first ultrasound, the babe was squirming around already. I'm thinking a boy. Our son was the same way during the ultrasounds, and he moved so much in my belly. And I swear, he hasn't quite moving. When he was a newborn, his legs went! Haha.

Thank you ladies. I have been laughing because one minute his head was on the right side and the next it was on the left. He has also face up one second and then he was face down like he was saying hello to my spine lol. What was really funny was within seconds of the start of the ultrasound we could see him rubbing/scratching his head has he was laying on his side. Even the ultrasound tech was laughing at that.

Then it was super cute to see how he was laying in the 3D ultrasound. My boyfriend pointed out that he sleeps like me. The ultrasound tech also said he has VERY long legs and that he's going to make my life hell when he gets bigger with all the kicking LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_8628.jpg
    IMG_8628.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
congrats on baby boy :)
Glad to hear all is going well :)

yes my boy was so active during his 20 week scan, the somnographer called him the slidiest baby she had every seen haha and it took ages to get measurements.

At my first OB appt the doctor took a look and the baby was bouncing all over, but then at my 12 week NT scan was very sleepy until after we had finally got all the measurements. Baby started bouncing around like crazy as the tech was showing us the live shots.

Wow a lot of you have had or are having a hyper little one. Thank everyone for sharing your story:hugs: I wasn't worried about it, I personally thought it was funny...for now lol.

People have been saying that I need to lay off the sweet food and when I tell them that I have no sweet food they are shocked. As a matter of fact I have lost 43 lbs this pregnancy because barely anything sounds good and I have had terrible nausea. I get lectured by the doctor saying I need to gain weight and eat, and I simply say ,"if I could I would!" The good news is though I had plenty to lose. Maybe there was left over sugar in my fat from pre baby the baby has been absorbing LOL, maybe that's why he's hyper LOL.

My anatomy ultrasound took 2+ hours because baby would NOT stay still. We weren't able to find out gender either.

Few days later, I got a call from my midwives that I need to go back for another ultrasound because baby was moving around too much and they weren't able to get good pictures of the heart and hands! She suggested maybe next time I shouldn't have anything sugary (which I didn't LOL). Just an active baby!

My anatomy ultrasound took 2+ hours because baby would NOT stay still. We weren't able to find out gender either.

Few days later, I got a call from my midwives that I need to go back for another ultrasound because baby was moving around too much and they weren't able to get good pictures of the heart and hands! She suggested maybe next time I shouldn't have anything sugary (which I didn't LOL). Just an active baby!

Oh my goodness, I hope they can get better pictures this time. It's cracks me up because he is hyper without sugar lol! Yesterday I was crampy and had to pee a lot and I'm wondering if he was moving a lot and using my bladder as a trampoline LOL. I haven't felt him kick yet (not to my knowledge anyway) I'm thinking I'll be feeling some kicking soon if he keeps this up.

During my 21 week ultrasound, our baby (a boy) was also the most active he's ever been. It felt like a wrestling match was going down in my tummy. When I mentioned it to my doctor, she said a lot of babies don't like the sound of the ultrasound and that's why they move so much! We have a doppler at home, and I haven't been using it much since I can feel the baby now, but when I do use it, sure enough the baby starts shifting around. I think some of the hyper activity is caused by the confusion the baby experiences when they hear the US.

Yes! I am 16 weeks and at 12 and 16 wk ultrasounds she was doing flips and kicking and dancing. I'm a little nervous to feel the movement...

During my 21 week ultrasound, our baby (a boy) was also the most active he's ever been. It felt like a wrestling match was going down in my tummy. When I mentioned it to my doctor, she said a lot of babies don't like the sound of the ultrasound and that's why they move so much! We have a doppler at home, and I haven't been using it much since I can feel the baby now, but when I do use it, sure enough the baby starts shifting around. I think some of the hyper activity is caused by the confusion the baby experiences when they hear the US.

That's a very good point! I can't feel him just yet, hopefully that will change very soon. I have been have some cramping/aches and I wonder if he's moving and causing that...especially at night! I start to feel what I wonder is gas (but I don't think it's gas because nothing ever happens lol) so I often wonder if it's him moving, and it's always when I lay down. It's been more so this past week.

My first ds was nice and calm at all of the ultrasounds, bouncing just enough to see him moving and happy, and he still is just like that :) Ds2 however was wild during all of the ultrasounds with summersaults and everything, took forever to get measurements and always flipping...and he's still like that too! Super active and wild little boy :) I even went to get an emergency scan because I was having cervix cramps and turned out he was using it as a trampoline! With his feet and head I might add. They said "there's a foot...now a head...now an elbow...now the feet again" :wacko:

Congrats everyone!

My first ds was nice and calm at all of the ultrasounds, bouncing just enough to see him moving and happy, and he still is just like that :) Ds2 however was wild during all of the ultrasounds with summersaults and everything, took forever to get measurements and always flipping...and he's still like that too! Super active and wild little boy :) I even went to get an emergency scan because I was having cervix cramps and turned out he was using it as a trampoline! With his feet and head I might add. They said "there's a foot...now a head...now an elbow...now the feet again" :wacko:

Congrats everyone!

Oh my goodness girl! I feel for you. I keep getting these sharp pinching feelings in the cervix or vaginal area and sometimes they are soooo painful that they make me squirm lol. I read that it's "lightning crotch" lol. After this last ultrasound I think my baby is doing the same as yours and is bouncing on my bladder like a trampoline. Especially since I know now that my little one has very long legs, I'm sure he is using them and practicing for a kick boxing match LOL.

Ohh I don't envy you with the lightning crotch, i definitely had that with DS2, my husband thought it was hilarious the way it would stop me in my tracks lol. I dont doubt it, ds2 switched from cervix to bladder all the time like it was a trampoline warehouse!

I'm hoping this baby will be more like ds1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->