Hyperemesis and 2nd pregnancy?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I suffered Hyperemesis through the whole 40 weeks with my daughter. I lost 10 kilos in 8 weeks and was hospitalised regularly for dehydration. I was wondering if any of you ladies who suffered HG suffered it again in subsequent pregnancies? I'm so scared to have to do it again.

I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and hg started at week 5+4 , been to Drs and now on ondansatron and cyclizine. I've had it in all pregnancys . My advice would be to get meds before it starts as it's supposed to make it less severe. Hope u manage to avoid it x

I had it with my second pregnancy and I'm 7 weeks today and haven t been sick yet but feel so sick can barely eat x

I'm afraid I've had it too in most of my pregnancies. If you have had it once you are more likely to have it again. Although of course it doesn't mean you will. I'd see a doctor or midwife if you start to feel it's developing again. Don't let it get out of control. Good luck!!

I had it with my son from 7 weeks and it didn't go away completely until 16 weeks. I also had it with both of my MCs from 5 weeks onward. It was miserable. I drank a lot of protein shakes and ginger tea because I couldn't eat anything or else I felt like I was going to throw it back up. This was not your usual morning sickness... this was 24/7 nausea. On top of it, I had bad heartburn, which didn't help my stomach, and every single time I tried to take antacids for the heartburn, they would just come right back up. Every. Single. Time.

My midwife put me on Zofran with my last two pregnancies. I cut the pills into quarters and took a quarter before a meal to help me eat. I tried to steer away from the full dosage of 2 pills per day if I could because it gave me bad constipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->