Hyperemesis Gravidarum--scared to "try" for #2--calling all HG sufferers!

Kburt

Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm new to this thread, and haven't been active on B&B for a while! I missed everyone!
My DH and I have recently decided to NTNP, and my hesitance to actually start "trying" stems from my fear of dealing with my HG all over again, and this time with a toddler!! I'm so nervous I will be as sick as last time and not be able to take care of my DD the way I need to!
Does anyone else have this fear? Has anyone conceived after a first pregnancy with HG and didn't have it the second go around (or was better)? We ultimately decided that there probably is no "right" time to go through another (possibly super sick) pregnancy again, and our pro-con list is looking pretty even! He would love to start TTC right now, but he understands my concern.

Advice?

Hiya, didn't want to read and run! I haven't had HG so my experience might be totally useless :haha:. But I was quite sicky with my 1st LO, often sick 10 times a day and nauseas when I wasn't being sick, from 4 weeks until he was born. Obviously doesn't compare to having G but I was a bit apprehensive about the sickness the 2nd time around and worried it might be worse. With my 2nd morning sickness didn't really kick in until 15 weeks (I think I was sick a handful of times before then) and even then I was only sick once or twice a day! It was a lot better. My mum had HG with one of my brothers but just regular MS with the rest of us also.

Ugh this is concerning me too. We are just starting ntnp no.2. I was soooo ill with dd. I felt like I was going to die from throwing up! It was horrendous, so bad I remember thinking that I couldn't go on with the pregnancy (obviously I wouldn't have ended it, but I wondered how I was going to get through it!) I was signed off work for weeks, I could barely function. My DH was horrified, he said we were never having anymore children after seeing me like that......and then dd stole our hearts and we can't resist another!

It eventually passed at about 20 weeks with dd but I must admit the thought of trying to cope with a toddler whilst feeling like that is worrying. I am just hoping I don't get it so bad next time. I don't think there is another option. We know we want another baby so we have to just get through it whatever happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->