hyperemesis returning with a vengeance

cymrufaerie

Reaction score
i had it in the first trimester to the point where i was vomitting five times a day regularly but then it went away for the most part in the second but now starting my third it's come back and worse! i'm worried about not getting enough food to stay down for my baby though the doctor is more worried about me not getting enough. anyone else having the same problem or have any advice on what might help?

sorry to hear your not feeling well, I hope you can get it stopped.

I know how you feel I have had it since I was 6 weeks pregnant and it never went away for me, I'm completely exhausted and sore from being sick so much it is pretty miserable isn't it, unfortunately I have no tips just offering my sympathy. We have a thread on pregnancy club board hyperemesis sufferers unite, feel free to come over for a moan:hugs:

I hope you get some respite from the sickness... I've found that if I eat what I fancy when I fancy it and not let myself get hungry I manage to keep most things down... My stumbling block is breakfast time, I'm up regularly at stupid o'clock during the night...

Last night for example I was awake from 3am for no reason, still awake at 3.45am; decided I wanted something... Got up had breakfast and aventually went back to bed for 5am... I think the gap from tea time to breakfast time if too long for babe to go... Most morning I loose my 1st breakfast (and if I've not eaten anything before 6am, I spend most of the day loosing whatever I eat and drink until about 3pm)...

Probably physciological or sommat, but I've finally found something that works for me, longest I've had without the sickness is a weeks break lol... Trying not too let it get me down; with DS I had it for 7 months... So it's lasted slightly longer so far with this one... At least you were without it for most of the 2nd tri, that's a good thing... lol...

My GP was very good with me, gave me some tablets in 1st tri, changed to meds in 2nd tri and I've managed to cope in 3 tri.. Keep positive... GP did tell me it's a really positive sign of a very strong healthy placenta (not sure that helps lol)

I've started now to put weight on lol... so far it's 2lb but it's a start... Lost over 2 stone early on, and lost 3 stone when expecting DS (put most of it on in the last 2 months)... He turned out to be a very healthy 7lb11oz, so try not to worry... One plus side though DS's labour was only 36 mins... Maybe there's some truth in the bad pregnancy good labour saying... I always hopeful...

hey hun.. i had it my whole pregnancy, and it was truely miserable :-(
there is a hyperemesis support thread in pregnancy club section, so pop in there and meet the others, theres a few still suffering. if you have the energy to read it all (its LONG!) there is loads of tips and hints and things that have worked for some of us!
hope you are feeling ok today, kat xx

I have the same although it neva stopped and its mostly after every meal! The doctor told me not to worry about the baby because the baby acts like a parasite taking what it needs before your body does. So yr doctor is right to worry more about u than the baby! I just hope u find some food that allows you to keep it down! Good luck! x

yep. i was sick for my entire pregnancy, lost over 2 stone, but had a gorgeous happy healthy baby girl who was 6lb1oz!

and i agree bad pregnancy = good labour! i had a brilliant labour & delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->